Other ANOTHER OF THOSE THREADS --Advice for newbie ..what ski to buy ..here are the choices

I am going to buy a ski... It will be my first one. I live in the mountains of WNC so I will not be riding often. Since it will be stored a lot in a small garage a smaller/lighter ski would be good but is it worth it for storage to buy a 550sx? or should I just go with a bigger ski? -- I'm 41, 6'2" 185lbs, athletic and new to stand ups.

I'm looking at a 1993 SN 701 with dual carb, exhuast, ride plate, intake grate, impellar? chubbies and trailer all in good shape??? for about $1700 or
1996 kawasaki 750sxi like new condition with nice trailer and cover, totally stock for about $1800
or a 550sx MINT condition with ride plate, intake grate, impellar no trailer $1300.00 I know thats high but its mint and light and small

or a hand full of 650s that I'm not really considering cause everyone says not to

I have about $1800 TOPS to spend - But I'd be better off spending in the $1000.00 range

what do i do?

JamesG

Site Supporter
550: hell no
750: meh, if it is in much better shape than the SN. (Starting with something totally stock is always nice: more reliable and no risks)
SN: Yes if it is in good condition. If not, go with the 750.

But it's just advice

Top Bottom