650/X-2 Another Turf ?? What do you guys like Flat or Cut Groove or Molded Diamond

Another Turf ?? What do you guys like Flat or Cut Groove or Molded Diamond. What one do you get better grip with?

RIght Now I tried a yoga mat on my ski. Read it on another forum and well I dont get any grip on it and feet slip around. Not very good for a newb to stand up... So I want to upgrade my mat. I want to get hydro turf to hopefull get some better grip. But what one do you guys like and what ones do you hate? I was looking at there "b" stock stuff btw. I think it was 5.5mm

molded is more durable and for b stock thats what id go for but some of the cut patterns are sick too.
If you just need a good grip than go with the molded b stock. If you want looks than you may need something cut.
Idk if I have ever seen someone run flat on a ski but we put some in out boat just to cover the fiberglass in the engine bay. Looks clean but for a ski you need the texture for grip.

i had the same question but their is also a turf called jettrim. its not a turf but a grippy mat its not foam like hydro turf. i have only seen it once on a sxr 800 and it was grippy but i dont know much about it though. mat.jpg

Dmac80sc

Site Supporter
Hey man. When you read about the yoga mat people are using that for underpadding then putting turf over it. That is instead of buying the expensive underpadding Hydro turf sells. But they offer better thicker stuff then yoga mat. So if you have the yoga mat on now you can leave it then you put turf over that to give you some padding on landings.

K I read that people were using it for both under mat padding and also as a turf. But I do think that the yago mat is better then nothing. When I got the ski there nothing but fiberglass.

chadman154

#Itsonlymoney !!!!!
I have always used cut diamond on my old skis, held me in great.
on my new ski it came with groove, it iwll be changed out to cut diamond this winter
Just my .02

I have the cut straight grooved right now on my SJ but I am switching to diamond cut within a few weeks. My last ski had diamond cut and I liked it much better than the straight. The diamond seems to have better grip, at least for me, and I like how it looks better.

Top Bottom