Any engine assembly guides online....

Cannibal

Tasty Human
Getting ready to put together my 61x/61x engine with Wiseco pistons and Kawi wrist pin bearings. I'm looking for a general guide for assembling (torque specs, sealant, tricks, tips, etc). I don't have a service manual, so if anyone knows of an online version, that would be great.

Also looking for specs on clearance for the Wisecos, ring gap, squish, etc.

Thanks,
Steve

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
Oem base gasket, put on dry, 38-40 lbs of torque on the base bolts. Grease all bolts before installing.
if using a stock head use a Oem headgasket only, no aftermarkets for the headgasket.
O-ring heads can be greased or sealed with 1211 sealer. 21-24 ft-lbs on the stock headbolts. If using ADA head with the 10mm girdled studs, grease and torque to at least 36 ft-lbs.

Cannibal

Tasty Human
I know sbt has some simple little manuals that show what torque... let me find it....

Edit: Here ya go http://shopsbt.com/pdfs/y650701x.pdf

Oem base gasket, put on dry, 38-40 lbs of torque on the base bolts. Grease all bolts before installing.
if using a stock head use a Oem headgasket only, no aftermarkets for the headgasket.
O-ring heads can be greased or sealed with 1211 sealer. 21-24 ft-lbs on the stock headbolts. If using ADA head with the 10mm girdled studs, grease and torque to at least 36 ft-lbs.

Thanks guys. That's a big help.

Chuck, do you happen to know the case half, flywheel, and coupler torque off the top of your head?

Last edited:

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
Case bolts 8mm-24 ft-lbs
Bed plate 10mm bolts 40 ft-lbs except the ear bolt on the starter boss 32 ft-lbs for it.
70 ft-lbs stock flywheel/ 65 for TBM
Coupler...Just good and tight with my tool and a 1/2 breaker bar, as couplers will tighten when running.

Cannibal

Tasty Human
Case bolts 8mm-24 ft-lbs
Bed plate 10mm bolts 40 ft-lbs except the ear bolt on the starter boss 32 ft-lbs for it.
70 ft-lbs stock flywheel/ 65 for TBM
Coupler...Just good and tight with my tool and a 1/2 breaker bar, as couplers will tighten when running.

Oh, and thanks for the specs Chuck. I'll have to make a quick ref chart with all this stuff on here.

Top Bottom