Other Anybody use a waterwitch?

In my idiocy I tend to leave the bilge pump on or off at the wrong times so I've been looking for an automatic switch. I ran across the Water Witch solid state automatic bilge switch and it looks like exactly what I need. It just clamps on the side of the pump and senses when the resistance between its probes decreases indicating a presence of water. the probes are relatively far apart so splashes won't trigger it. Cool thing is itwith a 3-way switch it can be off/on/auto. Data Sheet and a retailer
101-small.gif

Last edited:
Oh, I just realized that's a water sensor it it. I incorrectly assumed it checked the electrical load on the bilge pump (how Rule does it). Gonna need to mount it pretty low. I like my hull as dry as possible.

got one in my wifes ski, seems to work pretty well, just install a fuse/holder inline because it does draw a tiny bit of current at all times (assuming you leave your batt hooked up).

for the record it's really only there in case she forgets the handlepole switch.

Waternut

Customizing addict
If you get a really loud bilge pump, it's harder to forget. Also, if you put something under the hood that you need to get to after the ride, you'll also remember. I fill up my tank and charge the battery at the end of every ride so they're full for next time. I have external fuel fill but I like to see where the fuel level is I pull the hood off when filling.

If I ever turn the pump off in the middle of a ride (very rare even if I beach it), I leave the hood off so I remember to turn it back on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom