anyone considered a factory pipe group buy

I don't know if they would even be interested but it seems about 100 people on this site and pwct are interested in a factory pipe but either A) Can't muster the strength to shell out that kinda cash for it or B) Don't have the money to do so. I think if they could get the price down to around 375-400 a lot more people would buy them. If someone engineered a group buy of lets say 25-30 pipes I wonder if 375-400 would be a possibility. :dunno:

From what I have heard of them... I would say no.

Factory pipe does not really seem interested in making any deals at all.

Might be wrong anything is worth a shot.

Actually dealers do get a small price break on the pipes. I'm not sure what the break is, but I know of a dealer who has to sell so many pipes a year to keep that discount. They just don't want the average joe calling up saying they are a dealer to get a discount on him and his buddies pipes.

FP is really strict about those dealers selling them at MSRP though. The dealers can get around that by discounting another part you are ordering from them more than they normally would to make up for paying "full price" for the pipe.

Yeh I guess when the market is small(compared to other sports) they have to get as much out of each sale as possible. I'd be interested to see how many ski pipes they sell a year.

THRUST

ThrustInnovations.com
there is no way they are going to think about it . they are busy make pipes for manufactures like polaris and pro circuit and so forth and i think they are ordering in thousands . i buy about 15 setups every year for the past ten years and now they took away dealer price this year from all dealers including riva . the watercraft market is small compared to snowmobile and off road . So the only reason they are still making them is because all the work is already done and now they just have to send them out .

C

CG Racing

Actually dealers do get a small price break on the pipes. I'm not sure what the break is, but I know of a dealer who has to sell so many pipes a year to keep that discount. They just don't want the average joe calling up saying they are a dealer to get a discount on him and his buddies pipes.

FP is really strict about those dealers selling them at MSRP though. The dealers can get around that by discounting another part you are ordering from them more than they normally would to make up for paying "full price" for the pipe.

Those dealers that get a small break have also helped factory pipe get started, and also have been selling them for 20+ years. And not only that, they have a hard time getting them because people like you call factory pipe first, then when the dealer calls they say "uh no you can't have this one I think we have it sold"

Those dealers that get a small break have also helped factory pipe get started, and also have been selling them for 20+ years. And not only that, they have a hard time getting them because people like you call factory pipe first, then when the dealer calls they say "uh no you can't have this one I think we have it sold"

I'm not sure how to take that? Was that an insult? :dunno: Not trying to be a smart ass, but it's hard to understand what people are actually trying to say over the internet.

C

CG Racing

I'm not sure how to take that? Was that an insult? :dunno: Not trying to be a smart ass, but it's hard to understand what people are actually trying to say over the internet.

nope, just proving a point. If noone would buy from factory direct, we may be able to get back control of the situation. At that point there may be more than 5 places to but from.

Top Bottom