Anyone know the stock carb settings on a '96 750 SXI?

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
My ski has pretty much always run like crap, and I discovered today my carbs are both WAAAAAY otta wack.

anyone know the stock settings on a Kawi twin carb set up?

the ski is all stock still.

thanx in advance. :bananajump:

Mikuni BN40-38 x 2 (38mm venturi)
High 1.0 turn +/- 1/4
Low 1/2 turn +/- 1/4
Main jet 147.5
Pilot jet 67.5

These are out of the manual.

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
well I readjusted today.

High

Low
3/4

it plain will not accelerate at 1/2 turns it idles fine, but bogs and dies as soon as you hit the gas. gonna have to try it in the water to know for sure if it's fixed.

Waternut

Customizing addict
I'm no expert in carb tuning by any means but I'm pretty sure that when the engine dies the second you give it gas means you've got an extremely lean condition.

Yeah open that top 1/2 more and the bottom 1/8 more and try it. Its better to run rich and lean it down gradually, check your piston wash if you can ride it wide open for a while.

Last edited:

D-Roc

I forgot!
check your reeds and clean your carbs if it don't run right on the water. low speed screw is to make a nice smooth idle, once you get that set, move on to pop-off and pilot jet.

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
Nice quote from Mrs. Shonuff just now.

"Hey what are you reading . . . are those boobs? Is that a motorcycle? Who does that?"

Good stuff. Good luck with your jetting. Is it warm enough to get out?

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
Nice quote from Mrs. Shonuff just now.

"Hey what are you reading . . . are those boobs? Is that a motorcycle? Who does that?"

Good stuff. Good luck with your jetting. Is it warm enough to get out?
LoL

I'm in Orlando ATM.. so yes.. it's been in the water quite a bit lately. I wanted to get it tesed today, but no joy.

Top Bottom