Custom/Hybrid b pipe temp

so after riding my bob around for a half hour or so i pop my hood make sure everything is ok and my drop some water on my b pipe and it starts steaming and sizzling. is this normal? im running dual cooling and after 5 minutes of sitting its no longer sizzling when water is dropped on it just making sure everything is ok most likely a dumb question

I could be wrong, don't think it should sizzle, same with your head. Could be warm to touch but I believe the point of sizzle is too hot.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I could be wrong, don't think it should sizzle, same with your head. Could be warm to touch but I believe the point of sizzle is too hot.

FPP actually recommends tuning the water injection to the point of chamber sizzling near the headpipe.

gc4

I'd be lost without the x
to cool the pipe down do you turn the screw on the head pipe? never adjusted it before

Yes you do. There should be 3 set screws: one on top, one in the middle, and one on the bottom. It really depends on your set up what these screws do. Try different ones open/shut. There is a lot of info on this on the site, try the search for more discussions.

Top Bottom