Blaster b1 help needed badly, carbs run like.....

hey guys

I have a 96 B1 62t. Engine Mods are:

ocean pro (red head) 180 psi
K&n flame arrestors
Fp b-limited pipe
stock water box

I bought the ski with these mods already on it. it runs strong. but for some reason, i can not get it to run just right. it starts right up, idles fine etc. when i drive the ski for 15 min or so and do turns and small simple tricks etc. the ski bogs out bad to the point where the motor would pretty much shut off.

I tried leaning out the needles both high and low, doesnt help and i richend the low and high it helped a little. but the ski always bogs out bad when turning and doing simple tricks.

question is im thinking about re-jetting it. im a newb for sure. so any help would be great.

what should my jetting specs be at and screw settings?

i live at sea level btw

thanks Jon

Last edited:
not yet. iv just been running the ski, it runs alright in straight lines and sweeping turns, just bogs out really bad on tight turns. ill prob tear into it. was wondering what my jetting specs should be at, spring weight and pop off pressure. before i order stuff

i looked through that and according to the previous owner those are the specs he is running. i reset the needles to what FP says still didnt help...

what are some of you experts advice on jetting etc for my particular setup?

Fro Diesel

creative control
maybe it is not the carb at all.

maybe you have overlooked something else. electrics?

Or did the overheat wire get caught on the coupler and shorts out when you turn? Just saying bc it happened to me in daytona.

post your remedy when you get it.

QuickMick

API 1104 AWS CWI
Site Supporter
Have you checked your fuel tank vent line to see if its kinked? After 15 mins of riding it might it might start to starve for fuel. Just a thought.

Is it turning left and right, or just one way?

both ways when turning hard. But when i side mount the ski from the right side it suffers really bad... side mounting on the left side is better...

Have you checked your fuel tank vent line to see if its kinked? After 15 mins of riding it might it might start to starve for fuel. Just a thought.

not yet good point ill check that too. still doesnt run 100 percent

Top Bottom