B1 vs. B2

I am sure somewhere there is a thread covering this, but I have had no luck finding it..

So in my quest for a winter project I have been looking at Blasters to play with up on lake Erie. I have seen a few B1 and B2 for sale here and various other places and prices seem to be pretty close,
so What are the major performance differences between them? the good the bad the ugly so to speak!!!

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Whenever I've read/heard people talk about B2s vs B1s, it was negative.
Everything you like in a B1 is gone in the B2. Heavier, bigger, not as nimble.

It does come with a 760 though.

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
B1
b1_bomber.jpg

B2
b2.jpg

The engine is the only good part of the B2,basically it sucks azz,the only thing worse is the B3

Have you ever riden a B3? My guess is no, if you think it sucks.It's bigger than the original and much more stable. It doesn't jump good but it's a great ride and a killer race ski...

The Blaster 2 is a fun ride but slow ( top speed of maybe 48 stock) It can beat you in the chop too but it's a fun ski with 2 up.

The Blaster 1 is a very fun ski and carves the water like no other. Pretty much a motorcycle on water. Not very stable. Jumps great, and with a few bolt on goddies can be a real thrill to ride. Not a 2 up ski for sure.

JAM

global warmer

big time gas pumper
take motor outa b2 ,stuff it in b1,bolt on some goodies=cheap/reliable/quick ski,throw hull away!better still take motor outa b3 stuff in b1,cheap/reliable 10mm stroker/powrevalve...

If you have never ridden a B2 in the surf then you dont know what your missing. They are great jumpers.

only ever ridden B1 and they pull some great air, but that is what I am considering the Blaster for is for use up on Lake Erie and it will be something the old lady can ride since she doesnt like stand ups.:confused:

hope to see you up riding in Cleveland with us! You can always take one of our standups for a spin.

I am going to build my stand up first so the stand up wont be an issue. the blaster will be the second toy of the two.. I could start the whole debate over which is better do I get another Kawi or do I get a Superjet.
and other than paint,pipe and prop I wont mod the blaster too much...

I am only a few hours from Cleveland so getting up that way wont be any problem, I just need to get my ass back in the states first!!!!

Conquistador

B-Saw
Site Supporter
I'm sure the b2 can be a fun ski. But they land so hard and awkward in the surf too much. Fathom got torn up quite a bit on his, but performed much better on a B1.

I'd like to get a GP or SS to tool around on at some point soon, but I'm not sure how much surf I'd like to jump on it.

Top Bottom