Bad bad lil ski

AquaToy

Jay-Are
So, i got the ski running and was wanting to go to the lake this weekend and do some tweaking on the carbs to get it smooth. However, now, it runs way worse then before. It was running enough to where i could at least play around, but would never really run smooth. Like at 3/4 to full throtle it would pulse, not sure how to word this.......it would pulse the gas.....like up and down........Now after some carb adjusting with a friend it wont run enough to play, it will stall out and when i was in the middle of the lake the only way i could get back to shore was to keep pumping the primer to get fuel to the carbs. Tried to replace the fuel pump, no difference at all......Any idea at all what this could be. Last year i had a friend rebuild the carbs, then later part of last year, i had the yamaha dealership rebuild both carbs, so im really kinda lost now. Im hoping the whole primer thingy helps someone out there with this and in turn they can help me. I really want to go ski now!!!! Bad like!!!!

Thanks in advance for any and all help.....this site is worth gold!!

Jay-Are

Oh, and for the record its a 2001 SJ, totally stock now with the exception of some K&N air filters. There used to be a dry factory pipe but we took that out and installed the stcok exhaust til i can get a B Pipe. Yes we need replace the jets back to stock.....hope all this helps ya out!!

Top Bottom