Other Before Prepping for Sandy, Southern NJ.

Heres a little before vid of today waiting for sandy to come, prepping the house some. Tide should be going out right now and its actually still pretty high, higher than usual. Had to move a few skis to my shop. Only ones at the house are my SN, which I left there so I can ride the flooded streets if that happens:arms:, and my parents couch which is winterized and has insurance. Got my little boat all set up and ready to go also, just in case. Ill post more vids of during and after the storm. This is in Forked River, NJ.

Last edited by a moderator:

tom21

havin fun
good call on tying the house and seawall down to the tree. that stuff aint goin nowhere j/k

hope you weather the storm well. be safe.

Ha, its tieing the tree to the house. That tree almost went during Irene last year. The other ropes are going to my parents waverunner, water is up pretty high right now. House is on 40ft pylons under the ground, so it shouldnt go anywhere, too bad the water is almost up to the front door right now. My jeep is just chillen in it. Hopefully it doesnt go to much higher or we will have to leave, because we wont be able to drive out.

Had to actually leave, my street connects with another street and they were flooding fast, maybe 2ft of water and rising, so we grabbed up the dogs put long ropes on the skis and took off inland a few miles. Kinda sucks, Id like to see the full strenght of the storm but it was unsafe for my family to stay and not be able to leave except on a small boat in estimated 60mph plus winds.

it pains me to see all that stuff left behind. especially that clean looking square. i dont know how close you are to where this thing is coming ashore but i hope for the best for you!

i know stuff isnt important and family is ..... but that square!

good luck!

mr.fixitman760

if it aint broke, dont fix it
im mad cause lake st. clair is suppost to get 8ft waves tomorow and estimated 25-30ft on huron and all my skis are in pieces in the garage :aargh4: hope you found a good place to ride out the storm and footage would be awsome! :biggrin:

Yeah I'm a little worried about my ski also. It won't disappear it's on our deck and tied up. If the water gets that high I got more to worry about. But yeah I won't sleep tonight thinking about that and I should of moved it.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
im mad cause lake st. clair is suppost to get 8ft waves tomorow and estimated 25-30ft on huron and all my skis are in pieces in the garage :aargh4: hope you found a good place to ride out the storm and footage would be awsome! :biggrin:

25-30?
I'd pay good money to see the average X'er look at a 25ft face up close and personal.

Nice Squarenose.

Last edited:
They will get that big but it will be nasty. I saw some pictures from the day we lost bruins last year and they were crashing almost to the top of a light house on the peir by where we ride.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
im having trouble beleiving 20 in the first place lol my friend surfs 10s in lake michigan but i couldnt see anything over 15, i could be wrong

Believe it....I've been out in 14's on Erie, it's INSANE. They are like riding over aircraft carriers....it's nuts. Going down to film 20's in the morning....don't think we will ride, too nasty and on top of each other.

We got flooded. Been cleaning the house all day. Only damage was to my bronco. It was up to the windows. Computer is shot. Skis all good. Had to use a small boat that sank but not all the way to get into our house. No power. Hardly cell service till right now. We are a number on FEMAs list now. I'll post some vids when I get better Internet. There were. People who got it worse than me so I'm thankful. Best wishes to people that were on the islands like brig and lib.

Top Bottom