Best grips?

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
My favorite are the odi rogues. I have another kind, a nice set that came with my mountain bkke that support the back of your hand but i havent tried them on the jet ski yet.

bored&stroked

Urban redneck
Oury offroad grips, the kind with the big square blocks. SO comfy, and the set on my 650sx have been on for 7yrs now and still look new.

Ducky

Back in the game!
What did you not like about the other ODI grips?

Didnt like the Rogues because they seem to bulky for me. Dont like the ruffians or troy lees because they wear down way too quick and then get sticky and gross. Dont like the ODI vans because they were too hard.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I've only used odi ruffians and vans. Either way with gloves on, I don't notice a difference. I never ride without gloves unless I'm tuning or just casually cruising. But for casual cruising I really really liked the ruffians. Gloves wear through them extremely fast however.

eastcoastjumper

James
Site Supporter
The odi vans grips that are gum sole color were my fav. The black ones take a lil while to wear in.

Rogue are nice. Soft thick and grip well with and without gloves. I use those on my ATV's.

Ruffian I wore through to the plastic too quick. Had a few sets of those. They get sticky if you leave them in the sun. I park my chit (dry) in the garage at night.

The Troy lee odi are junk.

Also had a pair of the odi Xtreme I think they were called. Those aren't too bad.

I've been using the half flange design now where the flange protects my thumb from my trim lever. I kept cutting up my thumb.

Those outer clamp rings are sharp when not rotated in the correct position also. Cutting up gloves and hands gets annoying.

I had a full speed yard sale recently where the only thing left in my hands was my left grip. Now I tighten the chit outta those lock ends where they're junk when I take them off.

The plastic sleeve is real annoying to get over the knurling on some bars(pro taper) I think my old RRP bars had knurling on there too.

King Kang

Never enough tray time...
What everyone is saying about ODI Ruffian's is true in my experience. Even though they get sticky and they wear out quickly, they're still usable. I like the ODI Rogues better because they have a larger diameter, squishy feel, and deep groves that keep water off the contact treads. If you have smaller hands, the Ruffian's might feel like a better fit.

Top Bottom