best intake for flat water riding x2?

Wondering everyone's opinion on intake grates for flat water riding I mostly ride lakes and sometimes the river there's lots of mixed info out there but I can't find specifics for flat water? Anyone know much about the jet dynamics grate?

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I run a low scoop. I have several different intakes and have not found that ones works substantially better than the next.

Ducky

Back in the game!
PJS top loader any good?

The top loaders are okay, but they have been known to rip out the intake grate inserts from the hull.

Honestly, the last X2 I built had no intake grate, and I only ran a Ocean Pro "Speed Chip" which filled the void in the pump where the intake grate bolts up to.

If I were going to run a intake grate, I would probably run the new Watcon/RCJS Tri-Scoop.

https://www.watcon.com/jet-pump-drive-line/tri-scoop/tri-scoop-1

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
The top loaders are okay, but they have been known to rip out the intake grate inserts from the hull

This is definitely true. Also easy to damage the m6 tap in the pump shoe. My most aggressive top loader actually rubbed the drive shaft. Havent had any issues with my small scoop. It only about 3 in flush with the rails on the botoom.

Top Bottom