Other Best jetski for a big guy

Hello!

I recently became very interested in stand up jetskis after watching a buddy of mine on his. I currently ride a 94 seedoo xp, but would like to have an inexpensive stand up as well. I am a big dude. 6'5 275 pounds. My budget is under 1500 but i would like to spend as little as possible on my first one, just in case it isn't for me. Thanks!

Dmac80sc

Site Supporter
You should be able to find a Square nose superjet for around 1500 with some mods on it. That is going to be your best bet for a guy your size and a great starter ski. Where in Ga are you? I am over in Woodstock.

I started out on a 550 and I'm 6'4 225lb, so you should be able to. The 550's are very narrow though and therefore very tippy, probably one of the hardest skis to learn on especially for a big guy.

Thanks for the replies guys! So other than the superjet do I have any other options? Im having a hard time locating too many superjets in my area within my price range.

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
IMO spend a little extra money or just be patient and buy a superjet. I have own many different kawa and yamaha standups over the years and they are all fun but kawa's in general arent as reliable and are under powered IMO. I owned a modified 550 that had good top end speed but took a while to get up out of the water and I weigh 160 5'11", The 550 was my wifes ski and it would get up and go alittle better with her 5'7" 120...Not much motor for a bigger person.

I think you'd be happy on pretty much any stand up you can find for your first year, then you'll want to upgrade. Like wanderer1 said, it definitely builds skill to start out on a 550.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Same advice I always give. Buy the cleanest most reliable ski you can afford.

The 650sx is not a bad ski. They have just been abused and poorly maintained, and underpowered for their size. Same story at the 440 and 550.

Superjet is only so great because of what kind of stuff you can just bolt on to it and its ability to be a race or freestyle ski.

Anything that isn't going to break will be a good start for you in the flag water. In the surf, almost anything stock will see under powered and impossible to ride unless you modify it.

Easiest thing to ride will be a sxr. Best bang for you buck will be a clean sn sj. Cheapest thing will be 550 or 650 kawi. All will work; again, pick which ever is least likely to break down. You can learn to ride anything that works right.

Last edited:
Kawasaki x2 is verry fun ( i love them :)

I also bought an Superjet, the kawi 650 is a nice ski for just riding arount, i would never ride one after my superjet!... The Superjet will be the next level ski. Rides sooooo mutch better.

650 kawi has not much power. 650 sj i also misses some power. the kawi is like a moped on the water. The superjet will be more of a dirtbike feel :)

700 Superjet is THE way to go if you want to do some tricks e.c. The 650 kawi is just for riding only. a 650 Superjet SN will be a good beginners ski but the 700 will be the one with the most potention and fun!

I love my SJ RN 700 verry much. Foodholds and a straight bars and a pole spring are the things that will be verry nice to have.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
I have a 701 sn superjet in macon in your price range. Oem stock everything but refoamed with polystyrene and footholds installed. Pm if interested.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
The X2 is a fun ski but is a pain in the ass mechanically. I disagree with buying one as your only ski. It makes a good second ski because of reliability issues. If you do go with a X2, stick with parts made to go on it (as opposed to cramming larger pipes and stuff in it), make sure you have a good hood seal and run 2 bilges. You see more X2 with the hood off at free rides than all other skis combined.

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
Polaris Octane, big power big foot tray most forgiving and easy learning curve! Octane Love!

Octanes would be way out of his price range...The cheapest one i ever seen was like 6K...

The X2 is a fun ski but is a pain in the ass mechanically. I disagree with buying one as your only ski. It makes a good second ski because of reliability issues. If you do go with a X2, stick with parts made to go on it (as opposed to cramming larger pipes and stuff in it), make sure you have a good hood seal and run 2 bilges. You see more X2 with the hood off at free rides than all other skis combined.

I have never owned a x2, but my first ski was a 650sx(2007-2009) that i modded the crap out of and the only issue i had was my stator went back, but i was very impressed with the liablity considering it was a clean 1989 model.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
Primer is bleeding through on the white portion of the paint as you can see in the pictures. Otherwise perfect and starts first time every time. $1500

Attachments

• 20121128_164423.jpg
    20121128_164423.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 20121128_164615.jpg
    20121128_164615.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 20121128_164458.jpg
    20121128_164458.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 20121128_164717.jpg
    20121128_164717.jpg