Best Overall Prop

nokfir

i dont know too much about impellar pitch, so which impellar would be the best overall rounded performance. i ride alot of different conditions.i ride flatwater laps with wide open throttle alot as well as surf and rough water too.. i basically want a prop that will give me more bottom end and not sacrifice any of my top speed. is there a prop that does both? any ideas?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Intarweb flavor of the week! Hooker of course! :headbang:

There are many good choices out there.
If you had a pro build your engine, get their advice.

I run a Skat Swirl and am very happy.

I use a 12/17 (maybe 12/16?) Skat C75 big hub, cut back 5mm. 701, 185psi, enhancer, b-pipe, etc. Seems to work good for me and always stays hooked up.

Not to threadjack, but as a comparison: would a Hooker be any better?

Big Kahuna

Administrator
i dont know too much about impellar pitch, so which impellar would be the best overall rounded performance. i ride alot of different conditions.i ride flatwater laps with wide open throttle alot as well as surf and rough water too.. i basically want a prop that will give me more bottom end and not sacrifice any of my top speed. is there a prop that does both? any ideas?

If your ski is stock, I would contact Dave at IMPROS and see what he recommends. A Solas "I" prop would work well. A SKAT Freeride swirl would work well, may need to have it turned down from a 12-17 to a 10-15 / 11-16. A Hooker 9-15 may work well.

nokfir

I would run a 12/17 freeride SKAT-TRAK. You'll be stoked

taylor, will that prop be good on flatwater also? i would say i ride 60% flat and 40% surf. would this bee a good overall prop? im really jsut looking for somthing that will give me more bottom end and no sacrifice any top. let me know thanks guys

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
kafir.. i used to run a TBM pump cone and cutback 12/17 big hub prop in my sj last year.(thats in my blaster now) and ive got an 08 SJ prop in the superjet now.

it ran 49-50 mph on radar with a pipe, head, and flow control last year with plenty of bottom too.

i would recommend that prop(12/17 skat c75) or try a hooker. I have only heard good about the hooker so far. you would be the first in our group to run one.

just make sure to get a prop that will suit your needs when you get a pipe and a head on your ski, otherwise you will have to send it back to get repitched.

Last edited:

cookerq62

Life's Been Good
I would run a 12/17 freeride SKAT-TRAK. You'll be stoked

I had one of these in my old boat that was tuned & cut back by impros. It worked great with & without a wet wolf cone. I ran it on a few different engine & nozzle combinations and it always performed well. Try to get something thats cut back if you can. Also SBT does an awesome job of refurbishing damaged or worn props for $25 so if you find one thats boogered up just have them repair it.

I just swaped a solas I prop to a hooker this weekend and I'm not sold on it. I need to call Dave at Impros tomorrow and figure something out.

Top Bottom