Best tilt nozzle?

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
I have a 2014 superjet. I have done quite a few mods but still more to check off the list including trim. For a cheap fix for steering, I put on a +50mm protec turn nozzle for added sensitivity but since then I have switched to pre 08 steering and an xmetal pole. I originally planned on getting the protec trim kit because I already have a protec nozzle (part of their trim package) and their trim works with my oem exit nozzle that has the ring around it for tilt/trim. But a couple people told me that protec is far from the best performing. I want nothing but the best quality and performance even if it's twice the price so, who knows from experience with different brands? What do I want AND do I need to lose the protec nozzle I currently have if I choose a brand other than protec? Thanks in advance

I basically did the same thing you did. I started with a protec nozzle then went to a AM pole and pre 08 steering cable. All of those def helped the handling and turning radius of my 08 SJ. Then I went for the thrust Ez flow pro kit. Its a turn key setup minus the trim tube. Unfortunately I pulled the boat apart to move onto an AM hull before I could use it. What are your plans for trim on your hull? Stock length? Flat or surf?

Last edited:
I have a 2014 superjet. I have done quite a few mods but still more to check off the list including trim. For a cheap fix for steering, I put on a +50mm protec turn nozzle for added sensitivity but since then I have switched to pre 08 steering and an xmetal pole. I originally planned on getting the protec trim kit because I already have a protec nozzle (part of their trim package) and their trim works with my oem exit nozzle that has the ring around it for tilt/trim. But a couple people told me that protec is far from the best performing. I want nothing but the best quality and performance even if it's twice the price so, who knows from experience with different brands? What do I want AND do I need to lose the protec nozzle I currently have if I choose a brand other than protec? Thanks in advance
Thrust ez pull! Only trim I will buy. I have it on every ski I own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
I want the most tilt possible out of it. I do love riding surf but I only make it to the coast a couple times a year. I want the tilt for my lake riding. We hunt big boat wakes and ride river Rapids.

I basically did the same thing you did. I started with a protec nozzle then went to a AM pole and pre 08 steering cable. All of those def helped the handling and turning radius of my 08 SJ. Then I went for the thrust Ez flow pro kit. Its a turn key setup minus the trim tube. Unfortunately I pulled the boat apart to move onto an AM hull before I could use it. What are your plans for trim on your hull? Stock length? Flat or surf?

Does it come with a nozzle or can I use my metal protec +50mm nozzle with thrust innovations kit?
You can use that nozzle. You can buy just the reduction nozzle, trim ring and cable then use your nozzle.
cf1e743ffa6efbc729e5a9497a25cca8.jpg

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
Sweet! Is that the newest version or the "original" trim kit. I saw there's two on their site... Also I don't need the reduction. I have a 2014 superjet. Has the wave raider nozzle .

You can use that nozzle. You can buy just the reduction nozzle, trim ring and cable then use your nozzle.
cf1e743ffa6efbc729e5a9497a25cca8.jpg

air blair

you are the reason
My first trim was an xmetal then I bent the snot out of it and my next three where thrust expulls. This year I may try xmetal again. Some freestylers are snagging a bit more trim and throw with xmetal.

Air blair cell

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
I take it the "ez flow pro trim" latest version of trim from thrust comes with reduction nozzle and turn nozzle for $750? I do not need a reduction nozzle or turn nozzle. Mine are good to go for trim. I'm not payin $750 for trim lmao

I take it the "ez flow pro trim" latest version of trim from thrust comes with reduction nozzle and turn nozzle for $750? I do not need a reduction nozzle or turn nozzle. Mine are good to go for trim. I'm not payin $750 for trim lmao
Pm me, I can help you out

Last edited:
Top Bottom