Black Vinyl(ing) RRP Pole

Has anyone ever used Vinyl on the RRP Pole to make it a certain color rather than Powder coating or paint? I thought I might give it a shot and use either a flat or glossy black vinyl..... going stealth mode!:smokin:

Anyone?

I think I will be doing so.... however, the only thing I will be scared about is when I get sick of it and want to change it, will it leave residue? Cause that would SUCK!

Just got finished buying the Black Vinyl!

Next step... Actually applying it! ANY SUGGESTIONS? Should I wet the surface first as if I were applying a vinyl graphic to a car and just let it sit for a few days to dry?

Or, Just flat out stick it on?

Suggestions?

DK-Freestyle

2011 World Champion
I've wrapped a set of tubes with square cut outs. Turned out to be a PITA, so I made a template on my graphics program so my machine can cut out the graphic wrap. The tubes are small, so you wouldn't need to wet the surface. Just lay the vinyl on the front first, and use your fingers to rub the vinyl on the tubes. Take your time and you won't have any air bubbles. It's a pain to do, but it looks good when it's done. I've attached a pic of a ski I recently did for a client. Wrapped his RRP with black vinyl.

Attachments

• DSCN2382.jpg
    DSCN2382.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 133
I've wrapped a set of tubes with square cut outs. Turned out to be a PITA, so I made a template on my graphics program so my machine can cut out the graphic wrap. The tubes are small, so you wouldn't need to wet the surface. Just lay the vinyl on the front first, and use your fingers to rub the vinyl on the tubes. Take your time and you won't have any air bubbles. It's a pain to do, but it looks good when it's done. I've attached a pic of a ski I recently did for a client. Wrapped his RRP with black vinyl.

Just got doing mine! Looks pretty bad ass IMO! However, starting was a little tricky! Then once I got the hang of it, it wasn't so bad! I'll post some picks soon!

BTW, Have you ever taken the vinyl off? Did it leave sticky sh*t everywhere?

Thanks!

DK-Freestyle

2011 World Champion
The left over residue varies between what vinyl you use. The brand I've been using doesn't leave much behind, but still has a very high tack. A lot of the cheaper stuff will leave behind residue.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I adjust mine depending on where I'm riding. I shorten it up for surf but add an inch or two for flatwater so it gets adjusted at least a couple times a season.

All done!
picture.php

Thanks, Def. would have done a few things differently if I had the chance to redo but, overall I'm happy! Do you have anymore pics of different vinyl colors on the RRP's (from your website)? Just curious... because that would be cool to actually se what it would look like before hand, to help people decide! JMO

Thanks again!

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
it looks like a nice glossy finish too. I thought of doing this to my tubes as well but opted for annodized tubes instead. After seeing yours I can't help but wonder which way is better. Your way is definately cheaper and much more flexible if you ever want to change your colors down the road.

Here's mine for comparison. I paid $100 for new tubes annodized Black.

picture.php

DK-Freestyle

2011 World Champion
Anodizing is definitely a more professional finish. The anodizing gives a nice matte finish as well. But vinyl wrapping gives you a glossy finish (only black and white available in matte) and the option to remove it later.

Top Bottom