Blaster Blaster Factory B Pipe Identification

Hey all . . just picked up a Blaster that has a Factory B Pipe. Can you help me identify the pipe? Is this the standard Factory Pipe for a a Blaster I? I thought the Blaster pipes had a right angle on the stinger . . but maybe that was for the Blasters II's. I also noticed this FActory Head Pipe only has one adjustable screw. My FX1 Factory B had three . . . and I think my Factory Pipe on my X2 had a couple tunable screws. Also . . . no pissers hooked up. Stinger doesn't have a place for one (my FX1 hhas a nipple towards the end of the stinger). Below are some pictures . . . please tell me what I go oh wise ones.

Thanks.

k

flaj2q.jpg

4xtf.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you. .

After fully opening my eyes, yes I see the standard FP 3 tuning screws. Different locations than my FX1 . . but still I must have been blind when looking for them.

The water lines are ran a bit differently:

1. Pressure line from jet pump runs to exhaust manifold (same as your picture).
2. Port on BOTTOM of head pipe runs to the port on the HEAD of the motor.
3. Port on TOP of head pipe goes to U-PIPE (connected to end of stinger / expansion chamber).

#2 and #3 appear to be reversed, when compared to your picture. I welcome comments. I suppose I could pull down the installation instructions and review . . .

Also interested if this is the pipe that is usually installed on a B1 . . .

I like the idea of a pisser, to know water is flowing through the motor. Looks like all I need to do is put a "T" in the 3/8" Rubber line going to the U-PIPE . . . and run to the pisser.

Thanks.

k

the way i have it is the way fp says in there instructions. the way you have yours is good and a lot of people recomend it that way.

all I need to do is put a "T" in the 3/8" Rubber line going to the U-PIPE . . . and run to the pisser.
k

and do what you said^.. you dont want all that water dumping into your water box the way you have it now...

the T in that pic above is the way you want it.

Last edited:

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
You'd be well advised to put a flow control valve on that stinger line in addition to the T. Or restrict it at least, or better yet do both. The dryer your waterbox the better as long as you're not melting stuff. I bet yours is like an aquarium with how it's set up now.

That is a real nice pipe and chamber btw. All things considered, probably the best bpipe chamber there is and it's not even made anymore. Lucky you!

ive tried the fcv for a whole seasion all different ways didnt do anything for me with (single cooling).it was a waste of time and money imo, maby it doesnt work as good with single cooling. i even tried cutting a little off the spring b/c of low pressure in the lines. the way i have mine in the pic above was the best way for me with (single cooling). i ran the ski with the hood open and the the hose to the stinger overboard to see how much water was coming out with out the fcv and it seemed like it was perfect just enough not to melt the water box.

That is a real nice pipe and chamber btw. All things considered, probably the best bpipe chamber there is and it's not even made anymore. Lucky you!

So you are saying that the B1, with clean titles, I bought yesterday with this pipe and trailer was an ok purchase at $900? ;)

I always have liked the Factory Pipes. The on my FX1 provided amazing power when coupled with a 144mm pump upgrade. Even the FP on my little Kawi X2 650 was a nice improvement. . . .

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and guidance.

Hey . . Rode it today with the hooked up pisser. Bit cold out here in Seattle today, but it was rewarding. Ski ran great. Wonderful low end, just like my FX1.

Let me hijack my own thread . . one more question. Did all 1993 Blasters come with a handle bar mounted bilge switch? My guess is what I have is an aftermarket set up. In my ski I have a RULE pump back under the drive shaft (rear end of bilge area). No scupper type of bilge is there. I assume that the Blasters ran the same setup up for bilge as the VXR's (got one of those) . . which would be scupper. . . but thought I'd ask.

Comparing the VXR to the Blaster . . it also looks like the intake grate are the same, but the ride plate are different. I welcome any comments here also.

Thanks again.

Did all 1993 Blasters come with a handle bar mounted bilge switch? My guess is what I have is an aftermarket set up. In my ski I have a RULE pump back under the drive shaft (rear end of bilge area)..

first question no. you guessed right

leave the pump where it is its the lowest spot in the ski.. the best way to get water out quick is the versiplug, i bought two they work amazing, never really use the bilge anymore now

Last edited:
I plan to sell this ski in Spring. Thinking pulling the Factory Pipe and Water Box, and replacing them with a stock set up, would be the best way to maximize resell. . . .

Anyone want to give me an idea what the Factory Pipe and Fischer water box is worth as a package?

All tuning screws are free . . . all looks to be in excellent shape.

why do you want to sell?

I would guess around 500 - 525 shipped on the pipe and maybe 75 - 100 on the waterbox

If I am going to sell the boat . . my guess is that I would get more value out of the sale, by selling the pipe and WB separately. Throw a stock set up on the ski . . . A clean blaster and trailer seem to go for around $1400 in summer, in Seattle . . . I doubt I could get $2K just because it has a factory pipe. But I am open to opinions.

This is ski #6 . . . my wife thinks I have a problem that requires professional help . . . so I am trying to get back down to 4 skis or so . . .

Last edited:
Top Bottom