Blaster Blaster hood gasket

My hood gasket is getting little flattened out in the front and I think it may not be sealing as well as it once did. I priced the Yamaha part and had sticker shock. What are other good options?.....are there any?

Hate to ruin the whole surf seal thing but you can buy the exact same thing on mcmaster carr for $15. Search on here and you will find the exact measurements of what you need. Best hood seal available.

Hate to ruin the whole surf seal thing but you can buy the exact same thing on mcmaster carr for $15. Search on here and you will find the exact measurements of what you need. Best hood seal available.

Found that on McMaster awhile ago but didn't know the measurement of what I needed

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

1120A222
10 Ft.
Edge-grip Rubber Seal, Bulb On Top, 1/8" Edge, 7/16" Bulb Width

Found it in my purchase history. 10 feet was long by 8" for the blaster so it worked mint. $15.70

Last edited:
Figured I should chime in...

The surf seal actually started by adapting a Sea Doo OEM seal. At the time I started it, the OEM material was pretty expensive and I was having to buy in bulk to get a reasonable price to cut it down and sell it. I have since been able been able to source it from another vendor and get it cheaper than what I could from Sea Doo. Just for the record - the material I use now does NOT come from Mc Master Carr. The reason for that is because that material (from Mc master) will split at the seam very easily and ruin the seal. I tried going that route early on to save some $ and people were having problems with them tearing, so I did the right thing and replaced them. I have since been able to find similar material else where and I feel like it is better quality. So far no problems.

You may not know this but what little profit I am able to make by selling the seals goes into supporting some of the riding events. For example: I've been a supporter of WAVEDAYZ for the last three years. Supporting events was the main goal from the get go. I'm not going to tell you I don't make any profit, because at the end of the day it is still my time and effort to get them out the door. But... I don't see Mc Master giving back to our sport in any way.

So can you use the Mc Master stuff? Absolutely. But if it tears or pulls away from the seem, your SOL.
I guarantee my products and if you talk to anyone who has purchased one they can tell you that they are shipped quick, do the job that I say they will, and are quickly replaced if there is ever any problem with them!

The intent of the explanation is to clarify if anyone had the notion that I was simply trying to peddle cheap material at an inflated price to get rich quick. people do it all the time and I hope that is not how members think of me.

If anyone ever has any questions/concerns - please feel free to email me!

Thank you-

Last edited:
If the new surf seal is different than I stand corected. I think part of my confusion is because I purchased one of the first "surf seals" and then purchased mcmaster seals for my other skis and they looked exactly the same. I have one SJ and two Blasters, I ride ocean and lakes and so far have not had any issues with any of the three seals after a couple seasons.

This may be a silly question, but is the OEM hood seal supposed to be attached to the hood or pressed down in the channel in the hull? I purchased our WB1 last summer and the seal was down in the channel on the hull so that's how i thought it was supposed to be!

If it's supposed to be attached to the hood I need to order a new seal.

Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Top Bottom