Blaster Blaster trouble ???

Hellooo iv been having problems with my blaster. When i brought it it had a factory dry pipe and a stock head on and it ran fine since then iv changed the head and pipe to a second hand pro tec wet pipe and a pro tec head. And its never ran properly since.

When im riding it, its ok until i try and give it a load of throttle and it judders. Even though it still pulls i dont try and go too quick because im not sure why its happening. It usually runs ok when i first go out on it, it seems to be when its warmed up like it could be over heating. It runs fine when its out of the water its only when its in the water.

Iv got the cooling set up properly the same as my friends blasters with the same pipe the only difference being is mines got 2 pick ups coming from the pump. Then 1 side of the head goes out to a pissa and the other comes back to the pipe and then from the pipe to the stinga with a t off to another pissa. Iv tried putting a stock pipe on to make sure its nothing to do with that and it still does it. The jets have been changed not sure what theyve been chnaged to but it was done by a shop who cant work out whats wrong with it. The engine did overheat and it has to have new pistons and rings and a re bore. Drive shaft was a bit ropey so had that replaced, had the prop re pitched, put new coils on.

So is there any reason why the head would cause it to run like this? Feel like its the only thing left. Its been on and off a few times since iv had it and its ran the same every time even after all the work iv had done to it.

Any ideas? :confused:

Last edited:
did it run fine with the new pipe BEFORE the jets were changed, or did they do the pipe and rejet at the same time?

does it run great when its cold, or does it run bad a bit when its cold too?

id open it up and see what jets you have in the carb now. also, if you have a buddy thats running that protec set up in ask what he's jet to, or swap carbs with him to eliminate the carb setup.

also, if they switched out the coil, id look into borrowing a known good, or buying a known good to eliminate that too.

No the jets were changed by the shop after we put the pipe on. Don't know what's in there now but it didn't make much difference to the problem. The carb was set up with the standard head and factory dry pipe and it ran fine. Are you thinking it could be the carb set up? I was looking at the database but I dont know what size carb iv got? Its a stock 701 blaster apart from head n pipe with single carb? Anyone know what size it'll be?

Top Bottom