Blaster with 1100 not firing right just popping

Me again, this is my son B1 project we do a little here and there so far we have the basically stock 1100 Yamaha (was in parts when we go it) mounted in the B1. I rebuilt the crabs and fuel pump we have fuel to the plugs , we have fire at the plugs when we spin it over mostly will not start but every now and then it try to fire but its like its on the wrong cylinder or something we get loud POPPING like a canon going off out of the exhaust........... is there way we got the wiring in the elec box out of order or does anyone have any other ideas what to check next?????

on the top or inside the elec box on front of engine?

the top plug wire length for the first cylinder has to be the one wire the other two could be switched but length of wire seems like they would be right . If I pull all the plugs I can see all plugs fire but can't really tell witch one fires 1,2,3

motoman3000

ride
Site Supporter
I had my ebox rebuilt and I relocated it w/ the raddudes brackets in front. The shortest lead and longest were backwards which caused backfire.
Luckily the short plug wire reached the rear (pto) cylinder. All was well after.
Not sure how your stock ebox is labelled on the coils inside. I would switch the mag and pto wires to see if anything changes, if it reaches.

Top Bottom