Blowsion Epoxy WTF?

So I ordered some Blowsion Epoxy, on the site it looks like this: https://www.blowsion.com/epoxy-2-part-blowsion-welder

I received this:
mpFhmqi.jpg

I understand a lot of stuff is just rebranded, but I kind of feel a little cheated. I know it's just epoxy, and it will probably work, but it's like they aren't even trying. Why not just list it on the site as "Loctite Epoxy"? I could've just bought this stuff from the store a block away for $4 cheaper. On the listing it even says "Commercial Grade- not available over the counter."

Anyone have any recommendations for securing some UFO mounts to my hull to hold down a gas tank? There are already some mounted with some kind of black epoxy, which I wanted to match since it blends in with the carbon hull and the reason why I ordered the Blowsion epoxy (It looked black in the pics on the site).

Last edited:

eastcoastjumper

James
Site Supporter
i use epoxy resin/hardner, mix in cabosil to thicken it, and add black dye for color. You can also cut a small piece of carbon or glass to lay over the ufo mount to really secure it in. I wouldn't trust that stuff in a tube to hold down a gas tank.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
That crap sucks. I've used it on bilge pumps and it gets soft and doesn't hold at all. I don't think it'd work well holding up to the tension of straps.
Either use epoxy resin and hardener with some cabosil.. Or even better;west systems g flex from jetmaniac. Or plexus..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

i use epoxy resin/hardner, mix in cabosil to thicken it, and add black dye for color. You can also cut a small piece of carbon or glass to lay over the ufo mount to really secure it in. I wouldn't trust that stuff in a tube to hold down a gas tank.

Thanks for the recommendation, I've got West systems 105 and fast hardener on hand but it still takes a day to cure, but I guess im not in a rush. I've got to source the cabosil. Yea, I didn't trust the stuff you can just buy at the store either, but saw the epoxy at blowsion and figured if they sell it, it must be good enough.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Thanks for the recommendation, I've got West systems 105 and fast hardener on hand but it still takes a day to cure, but I guess im not in a rush. I've got to source the cabosil. Yea, I didn't trust the stuff you can just buy at the store either, but saw the epoxy at blowsion and figured if they sell it, it must be good enough.
Inserts are not something you want to rush for sure..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

eastcoastjumper

James
Site Supporter

i use a small space heater or halogen lamp to help speed up the cure time. If you get it too hot it runs. You just want to keep it nice and warm.

West systems also sells the cabosil. There are different kinds. I use the high strength bonding cabosil that's harder to sand. The soft stuff doesn't work well for bonding.

They also sell the small tubes of black/white dye. Depending on how much resin you are mixing up you only need a few drops.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I bought my ufos from jet maniac.

Try heating up the resin before you mix it opposed tk mixing it then trying tk heat it after. Hotter means more viscous, so if you want to stay you need to mix it with something.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input guys. I went with West G/Flex since I already had an order pending with JetManiac. That stuff is not cheap, and neither is plexus, but I'm sure it's well worth it.

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Thanks for the input guys. I went with West G/Flex since I already had an order pending with JetManiac. That stuff is not cheap, and neither is plexus, but I'm sure it's well worth it.

Been using G/Flex for a few years now.l have never had a failure.And you should be able to put dye into it.

Top Bottom