FX-1 Blowsion Pump

Christian_83

Xscream
I think what Motoman means, is that it would he would rather do the conversion himself, so that your FX1 hull would accept any yamah 144mm pump, before dropping 1400 dollars on a custom 144 pump.
But that said, i cant figure out if its a magnum stator in that pump, the picture shows something like a 12 vein, if thats the case i think the price is fair enough (compared to other complete mag pump setups)

it's a standard SJ pump (not mag) with the mounts re-welded to fit the FX hull. You still need to do glass work to do it right and put the SJ pump shoes in as well. Also, when the pump liner swells you're going back to blowsion for a replacement due to the re-welded mounts.

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Also,contact Bonzai Bob on the X here if you intend on just buying a converted pump.l believe it was his idea first before blowsion.He will save you some money................

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Can you send me the link to bonzai bob please

No link,just PM him.lf that doesn't work,let me know and l'll get his phone number for you.

I've never done fiberglass work; is there a thread showing a tom21 pump tunnel install?

l don't know if that would be a mod you would want to get into,if you never have done any glass work.Not so hard to do the glass work,but the alignment is where you would need help.lt would have to be dead on straight.

Just pm Tom and l'm sure he will get back to you.He's is always willing to give help and advise.

No link,just PM him.lf that doesn't work,let me know and l'll get his phone number for you.

l don't know if that would be a mod you would want to get into,if you never have done any glass work.Not so hard to do the glass work,but the alignment is where you would need help.lt would have to be dead on straight.

Just pm Tom and l'm sure he will get back to you.He's is always willing to give help and advise.

Thanks; I'll PM Tom. I'm just plain fed up with my FX cavitating like a spider monkey in choppy water. Smooth calm water - She's a ripper; snotty up the water and the rev limiter gets hit more than a junkies crack pipe.

I'd mod the hull to accept any 144 pump before spending that kinda coin.

wierd i know someone that has been telling you this the entire time... $1400 for a one off pump thats not even a mag... or $200 in some fiberglass and inserts and a used good condition 144 pump... hmmm

Top Bottom