Custom/Hybrid BOB Gen 2 questions

Theres a carbon Gen 2 BOB hull for sale in my area setup for Yamaha drivetrain. Im looking to swap my 2011 sxr engine and pump into it and I was wondering if they make adapter plates for the Kawasaki engine. I tried calling the ski clinic and they are closed today. he's asking 4500 with a pole bracket and no pole.

There are people who make conversion plates for motor mounts not pump. However, for that price I would just buy a new one. As far as I know I am the only one with a BOB that has both Yamaha and Kawi motor mounts.

DK-Freestyle

2011 World Champion
Theres a carbon Gen 2 BOB hull for sale in my area setup for Yamaha drivetrain. Im looking to swap my 2011 sxr engine and pump into it and I was wondering if they make adapter plates for the Kawasaki engine. I tried calling the ski clinic and they are closed today. he's asking 4500 with a pole bracket and no pole.

To answer the OP questions -

1 - if it is set up for Yamaha drive line, a Kawasaki pump will not bolt straight in.
2 - it it is set up for Yamaha drive line, a Kawasaki engine will not bolt straight in.
To make a Kawasaki engine work with a Yamaha based hull, you will have to find or fabricate a bed plate that will use the Yamaha motor mount pattern to the Kawasaki engine, and use a Yamaha midshaft housing.

there you go

if you need a hand lmk

I havent been up to lake geneva to ride in few years. I have no one to ride with so hit me up anytime you go out...

Ok, me and my brother ride on the weekends when we have time in between dirt racing and moto, and theres a couple guys up here that ride occasionally also. Its a good lake to get some air, we ride right in front of the abbey marina waiting for big boats coming out of the channel.

stagesrt4

see ya out there
Site Supporter
works for me

up there is were i started/learned to ride a few years ago... my buddy used to have place on sybil lane, but havent been up there in at least 2 seasons

Top Bottom