Blaster Bought first WB1, but is missing some parts. Looking for some help

Hi everyone,

I just joined and have been getting aton of good info here. I just bought a 94 waveblaster that is pretty muchall stock. It starts right up and runs strong, but is missingsome things and I am not sure what is what. I know the oil tank andpump is removed, so I just have to mix the gas myself which is fine,but I am wondering about some other things. In Pic.2 I think thereare supposed to be some kind of vents, but what are they vents for? In Pic.3 there is a hole, is there usually a choke or primer here? In Pic.4 there is a hose fitting on the carb with no hose attached,what does a hose here usually attach to? In Pic.5 some wires aresnipped off, what would these wires go to? In Pic.6 there is a hosefitting on the drive shaft bearing housing, what would this hoseattach to? Sorry for so many questions, but I am starting to go over everything on this ski and just want to see what is what before Ifiberglass over holes and what not. I plan to touch up the hull and paint it and then go over the whole motor and add new heads, exhaust, impeller, ride plate, intake grate, and probably more over this winter. If you could lend me somefeedback or even some pics, that would be a huge help. Thanks.
Pic.1.jpgPic.2.jpgPic.3.jpgPic.4.jpgPic.5.jpgPic.6.jpg

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Hi everyone,

I just joined and have been getting aton of good info here. I just bought a 94 waveblaster that is pretty muchall stock. It starts right up and runs strong, but is missingsome things and I am not sure what is what. I know the oil tank andpump is removed, so I just have to mix the gas myself which is fine,but I am wondering about some other things. In Pic.2 I think thereare supposed to be some kind of vents, but what are they vents for? In Pic.3 there is a hole, is there usually a choke or primer here? In Pic.4 there is a hose fitting on the carb with no hose attached,what does a hose here usually attach to? In Pic.5 some wires aresnipped off, what would these wires go to? In Pic.6 there is a hosefitting on the drive shaft bearing housing, what would this hoseattach to? Sorry for so many questions, but I am starting to go over everything on this ski and just want to see what is what before Ifiberglass over holes and what not. I plan to touch up the hull and paint it and then go over the whole motor and add new heads, exhaust, impeller, ride plate, intake grate, and probably more over this winter. If you could lend me somefeedback or even some pics, that would be a huge help. Thanks.
View attachment 161821View attachment 161822View attachment 161823View attachment 161824View attachment 161825View attachment 161826

Ok in the second pic two vents do go there, one is for the battery, the other for the fuel tank

Third pic thats where the choke cable went

fourth pic a hose from the primer pump that replaced the choke system, you are going to get another of these and hook it up

fifth pic overheat sensor wires, leave them as is

sixth pic a hose went there that went to a grease fitting,. not needed it does nothing

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick response. Im not sure why the vents were taken off, but I'll have to get some new ones and route the tubing. Also, it seems to start up fine without the primer, what does the primer help with, maybe when starting it up after I roll it over or something?

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
Like WFO said...^^^ .the battery vents and fuel vents are not necassary. I have never run them .. take that boat out and ride the snot out of it

Nice, i like that idea for the flush. I took it out a couple weeks ago to a lake up in New Hampshire. It started right up and ran with no problems all day. The only problem was that i fell in about 30 feet after i hopped on it for the first time, then was freezing the rest of the day. Its getting a little cold around here, i could use a wetsuit. Overall though, im pretty excited about it. It will take a little time to get used to riding since its pretty tippy (especially at low speeds), but I love how it feels cornering and how its lightweight. Definitely gonna be a fun ski to have.

I was surprised that it started right up so quick. Especially since it doesnt have a choke or primer. The kid who had it before me hadnt been using it much when I bought it, but it started right up when I first looked at it too. Compression was 140 in both cylinders and it ran very smooth. Isnt the primer usually for helping it start when its cold? or is it to help if you roll it over or something?

extreemthrottle

freeride junkie
Nice, i like that idea for the flush. I took it out a couple weeks ago to a lake up in New Hampshire. It started right up and ran with no problems all day. The only problem was that i fell in about 30 feet after i hopped on it for the first time, then was freezing the rest of the day. Its getting a little cold around here, i could use a wetsuit. Overall though, im pretty excited about it. It will take a little time to get used to riding since its pretty tippy (especially at low speeds), but I love how it feels cornering and how its lightweight. Definitely gonna be a fun ski to have.

I was surprised that it started right up so quick. Especially since it doesnt have a choke or primer. The kid who had it before me hadnt been using it much when I bought it, but it started right up when I first looked at it too. Compression was 140 in both cylinders and it ran very smooth. Isnt the primer usually for helping it start when its cold? or is it to help if you roll it over or something?

welcome!
you got a nice little blaster there! best of luck with it.
the primer is to help with cold starting and can help if you ever have some water injestion. if it always starts right up without a choke or primer, it may be a bit to rich on the bottom end or the pop off pressure might be set a little low. if it runs good, i wouldnt be to concerned about it, but at some point you may need a primer.
the key is to use the throttle to corner, let off before to slow down, then throttle through the corner. once you get the hang of it, and with a few mods, you can drg the handlebars through a corner. im sure you can find all your looking for here on the site, and if you dont see it, use the search feature, or ask!.

Thanks for the info. I am going to get new exhaust and will therefore need to re-jet and and play around with some tuning, so when maybe things will change once I do some mods. It might start fine now, but I'd rather be safe and have the primer in case something changes.

You just got me pumped saying you can drag the handlebar in a corner. I cant wait to be bombin around on this thing leanin it over in corners like that. Im sure it will take a little while to get used to, especially since the only time I rode it was when it was freezing out. I was just trying to stay on the thing without falling in and getting soaked. I wasnt really pushing it too hard, but I sure will be once its warmer, or once i get a wetsuit.

My next task is to find a factory b exhaust. Can you still buy them new?

theiba

Can't get a ski stuck...
My next task is to find a factory b exhaust. Can you still buy them new?

http://factorypipe.com/p_yamaha.php

Yep, 720 bucks. Gearing up to order mine.

Hey SR, you say you don't need the grease line... what's the deal with that? I always put a shot or two in at the beginning of each season with some high end Certified Labs grease I have at work, as was directed by the guy who got me into jetskiing. I don't think I've ever seen grease weep from anywhere, so I'm assuming it's purging underneath, but what's your recommendation for greasing the ms bearing?

Last edited:

DirtyJ

Freedom aint free no more

Hey SR, you say you don't need the grease line... what's the deal with that? I always put a shot or two in at the beginning of each season with some high end Certified Labs grease I have at work, as was directed by the guy who got me into jetskiing. I don't think I've ever seen grease weep from anywhere, so I'm assuming it's purging underneath, but what's your recommendation for greasing the ms bearing?

Hate to be the one to tell you.
These pipes are discountinued, I found out the hard way. Thankfully I got lucky and found one!

Damn, that blows. I really dont want to settle for anything but the factory pipes. Its too bad, i assume the limited pipe was already discontinued, but now the mod pipe too? I dont know what to do now, i guess try to find one used.

DirtyJ

Freedom aint free no more
Damn, that blows. I really dont want to settle for anything but the factory pipes. Its too bad, i assume the limited pipe was already discontinued, but now the mod pipe too? I dont know what to do now, i guess try to find one used.

There are a couple for sale on here. Post up a "want to buy" add as well.
Good luck, you will find one!

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !

The shaft bearings are sealed greased bearings, no way to grease them after the seals are installed, all you are greasing is the seals and if you grease them too much you run the risk of blowing out a seal, one shot of grease every year isn't going to hurt anything, if you get carried away you can mess up some stuff.

theiba

Can't get a ski stuck...
Hate to be the one to tell you.
These pipes are discountinued, I found out the hard way. Thankfully I got lucky and found one!

Oh ****er... I thought I saw they were still making them from a post I saw a few weeks ago. Guess I'll have to throw up a WTB then. Thanks for the heads up.

WFO Speedracer said:
The shaft bearings are sealed greased bearings, no way to grease them after the seals are installed, all you are greasing is the seals and if you grease them too much you run the risk of blowing out a seal, one shot of grease every year isn't going to hurt anything, if you get carried away you can mess up some stuff.

Gotcha, so I'm assuming the seals don't need any packing behind them or lubrication in any way to keep them live and prevent water intrusion? I've never had to take one apart so I'm not entirely familiar with the layout of the housing or bearing and seals.

haha nice ski, looks like its seen some salt. make sure you hose the ski down real good inside and out and flush the motor with the hose after you ride it in salt, and after you take it to the surf you wont ever want to ride lakes or rivers again

Ha ha, ya i believe it. Im sure I will get pumped once I get it out around the sand bars and stuff around here. Im gonna spend some serious time and money over the winter and totally go over everything. i'll probably strip the whole motor down and have it shell blasted or something. And Im plenty used to having to flush and wash my boat after salt water. I just gotta set up a fresh water flush. i'll have plenty of time to spend on it over the winter and im sure i'll get pretty into it.

Top Bottom