BudProductions 800sxr

BudProductions

BP-h2o.com
So I'm all pumped up for my second year of riding this year. So right now I'm in the process of starting to mod the 800. This is what I'm starting with so far
-Blowsion kicker footholds & mat kit
-Pancake pete front foothold
-worx scooped grate
-factory wet pipe
-flame arrestors
-rule 500 bilge pump

I'm working on installing the footholds right now, hopefully I don't mess up my ski to bad LOL! I'm new to the game so if anybody's got any tips or advice for me that would be greatly appreciated. I'll have more pics posted soon
index.php

index.php
photo.jpg

I'm also debating get a new handpole, I was thinking RRP but I don't think it's in the budget. I'm thinking about the x-metal.

BudProductions

BP-h2o.com
So I removed the old mat kit and rails, and all the glue! That was a small project in it self. I did some measuring today and traced out the hold cut outs, what do you professionals think about were I traced, looking good yes/no? Tomorrow or tuesday I'm going to start cutting into the ski, wish me luck. Hopefully wednesday I can get the holds trimmed and glued into place.

Is a dremel to small to cut the holes?

Also what would be a good tool to dig out the foam?

photo%282%29.jpg

photo%283%29.jpg

I used a dremel to cut out parts of mine the Jig saw worked better where it can fit and work. The cutout sizes look a little large for the kickers but I am no pro, I just used the footholds and started my cuts small and just made them large enough to fit the holds. To dig out the foam I used a drywall saw and the dremel with a drum type sanding tip. I had the shop vac running to keep the foam from flying. Check out some of the pics.

I have lots of other pictures, let me know if you want to see more.

It is not to hard, this was my first attempt and it came out pretty good. the turfing was the hardest part. Glassing and epoxy work is pretty forgiving.

Good luck.

Attachments

• P1240056_resize.JPG
    P1240056_resize.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 74
  • P1240061_resize.JPG
    P1240061_resize.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 93
  • P1240064_resize.JPG
    P1240064_resize.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 101
  • P2110004_resize.JPG
    P2110004_resize.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 108
  • P2280064_resize.JPG
    P2280064_resize.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 140

BudProductions

BP-h2o.com
I used a dremel to cut out parts of mine the Jig saw worked better where it can fit and work. The cutout sizes look a little large for the kickers but I am no pro, I just used the footholds and started my cuts small and just made them large enough to fit the holds. To dig out the foam I used a drywall saw and the dremel with a drum type sanding tip. I had the shop vac running to keep the foam from flying. Check out some of the pics.

It is not to hard, this was my first attempt and it came out pretty good. the turfing was the hardest part. Glassing and epoxy work is pretty forgiving.

Good luck.

Yeah I used the dremel with a reinforced cutting wheel, it worked great cut like butter. For the foam I started with a razor knife, and then I discovered a new kitchen knife in the garage that work awesome. Today I got the kickers all trimmed and screwed in, tomorrow I'm going to epoxy them in.
I'm a little worried about the mat kit, looks like its going to be a challenge. But so far for a person that has no idea what I'm doing, I think I'm doing pretty good!

screwed.jpg

screwed2.jpg

BudProductions

BP-h2o.com

Good luck.

Do you happen to know my pal Mana Holmes, he lives in Honolulu They call him Mana The Natural he murders the street bike prob one of the most talented riders in the US. I should be out there a little later this year to do some more filming with him

Last edited by a moderator:

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Just scuff the surfaces with 60 or 80 grit. You can tape the edges if you want to get close to the edges, or just take you time so you don't scuff the gel coat.

i didn`t sand mine at all. i took laquar thiner wiped it down glued and stuck it. been four years and counting. just make sure you glue your edges good i stayed 1/4 or so away so i wouldn`t see glue and that was my mistake.

BudProductions

BP-h2o.com
Just scuff the surfaces with 60 or 80 grit. You can tape the edges if you want to get close to the edges, or just take you time so you don't scuff the gel coat.

i didn`t sand mine at all. i took laquar thiner wiped it down glued and stuck it. been four years and counting. just make sure you glue your edges good i stayed 1/4 or so away so i wouldn`t see glue and that was my mistake.

thanks for the tips guys, I'm going to start installing the mat kit tomorrow, I can't wait to squid these puppies up

BudProductions

BP-h2o.com
So I'm 95% finished with the kicker install and I have to say for my first time installing footholds and having no clue what I was doing, I did one hell of a job. I also just picked up a graphics kit from pwc graphics. Next on the list is to install the wetpipe and flame arrestors. I can't wait to squid this puppy up

1_photo_4_.jpg

1_photo_3_.jpg

2_photo_2_.jpg

2_photo.jpg

1_photo_5_.jpg

1_photo_6_.jpg

1_photo_7_.jpg

Top Bottom