300/440/550 buyers remorse????

Call it remorse , call OCD, or whatever...... I think i'm kicking myself in the @ss right about now. In a fit of OCD i ended up buying a bunch of parts for my worthless ski. Why, you may ask, well i dunno. At the time i just used the justification along the lines that, it'd be nice to have a POS ski with some nice touches.
I can't believe how much coin i have already spent of this thing and i haven't even opened the motor up yet. Somebody please tell me i'm not the only one that has/is doing this...
Guess i'll bolt up all the junk i bought and have to keep the ski since i'd lose my @ss on resale. So, yeah you ever run across an old dude pimpin a junk js just wave a kind hand my way.

sheesz, a little late on buying a better platform, *already gave coins to the ticket holder.. and i'm coming off a bad high side bike wreck/new to skis/ and read that JS's are the ticket to truly learning to ride skis/cheap rides, But i think i went overboard here*pun not intended, honestly. just feelin a little newbish here and while i know some parts are total BS , i know a bunch of parts totally appeal to my OCD and was hoping i was not the only one that knew they had a hull that was not the best but stayed with it and has done what i have done.

Waternut

Customizing addict
sheesz, a little late on buying a better platform, *already gave coins to the ticket holder.. and i'm coming off a bad high side bike wreck/new to skis/ and read that JS's are the ticket to truly learning to ride skis/cheap rides, But i think i went overboard here*pun not intended, honestly. just feelin a little newbish here and while i know some parts are total BS , i know a bunch of parts totally appeal to my OCD and was hoping i was not the only one that knew they had a hull that was not the best but stayed with it and has done what i have done.

Well get it running and leave it at that if it isn't going to cost too much more. If there is a debate between better and cheaper...go cheaper. I understand what you're saying about already being invested but if the remaining parts to get it running are going to cost more than a few hundred dollars, you're going to thank yourself later if you just cut your losses now and get something else.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Better yet, restore it to stock condition. Then sell the ski and aftermarket parts separately.

hey, i made the same mistake. i put tons of money into my trailer queen! i never rode the thing. had to sell it to cut my losses...:trink26:1st%20pictures%20013.jpg1st%20pictures%20012.jpgyea, it's sad it's a 650...1st%20pictures%20011.jpg

Last edited:
If you have everything to get it running then put it together and ride it. If you need more parts for it pm me as I have a bunch of 550 parts if you need them.

Stop looking at eBay for parts.... I find I buy a lot of things I don't need because they look good in the pic, so i think "that would be cool on my ski" and they show up and they are crap (unless they are new) and even then I probably don't NEED them

Good luck and get on the water.... One way or another

You bought the skis to ride and have fun. Im sure you knew when buying them that they aren't really collectors items, and you weren't investing in your future. Assemble, ride, and enjoy. Upgrade when you can afford to and don't waste time comparing yours to others because there is ALWAYS someone that is willing to spend way more money than you will ever consider. You can have just as much fun as someone who spent 20k more than you. Its all about perspective.

for what its worth, ive had a few skis. rode a lot of different hulls
but i wish i had the 550sx i started on. i really like the hull and and power
was fine for what you will do with them. master hood tricks on a js and a
sj is like having a dance floor and learn to really carve and rail turns on
one you will advance as a rider

Last edited:

icecoled007

Captain of this ship
Ya I spent all kinds of money on a 650sx, fixed it up all nice then sold it and was down $200 and lots of my time.

Sucked but I learned alot....

If you think 550's are worthless and you can't do anything cool with them I suggest you watch some Larry Ripenkroger videos.

Practice with what you have and save some money and......

"Get a super jet!"

Byeai

"Cheetos-Man"
my first ski is my 650sx i have i blew it up bought a new motor for wat i paid for the ski then got some parts and now im way in over my head on it so i bought a sj hull and building tht (almost done thank god) and im coming out way cheaper than buying a used one for 1200

Top Bottom