cant find leak

ive been taking on water lately, im not sure if its more than normal. Im not sure how much water superjets take on usually but my sxr was always bone dry. I can run my bilge with a steam (not full steam) continuously for about 5-10 minutes, i cant seem to find the leak out of the water by filling up the bay. there are no leaks when the bay is filled (obviously not too high)
So im thinking maybe a cooling line isnt clamped all the way or snapped, and is leaking water. is there anyway i could like rig a hose to some line or something to run water through my system so i dont have to keep taking it to the ramp-home-ramp-home?

Bigfish

Bigfish
The mid shaft was not sealed on my girls SJ and it was taking on water there.Leave it on the trailer and start it and see if it start to fill up from pump pressure forcing water in around the seal.

i just ran it on the trailer and no pump seal leaks , no cracked hoses. idk maybe i have a hole somewhere. I did have a crack on my hull but it is glassed over\reinforced inside and out and does not let water in, so idk.

maybe ill just leave my scupper block off, off so theres no water in there, but i hate leaving it off because if start to talk to someone on the lake i cant sit around for too long.

itismejoshy

I Do What I Can...
i'm with d-roc on this one....if your hard on the hull your split points are prolly leaking....and it may only leak when your doing a certain thing so it can be hard to pin point....

mine was doing that sitting around found out that it was back feeding through my stock bildge line might want to check and see if it is laying on the hull if so strap it up to the hood line.

leak

mine was cracked in front of the intake grate @3" forward and about 10" long. When it sat in the water you could see it coming in(with the hood off)

tmc9046

Semper Fi
My sn is leaking at the bottom of the side rails were the bond line is.Don't know the best way to fix it.I have filled the hull with water on the trailer and it has a serious leak.

D-Roc

I forgot!
make some wedges outta wood tap the inbetween the top and bottom deck and fill with PL400 construction adhesive. put in rivits and wipe of the excess glue the squishes out.

mine was doing that sitting around found out that it was back feeding through my stock bildge line might want to check and see if it is laying on the hull if so strap it up to the hood line.
i didnt even think of that!

I guess I can see if I have any stress cracks\holes or anything, but I havnt seen anything major that makes its way through the hull. just minor little stress cracks that i have sealed with fiberglass\filler

Top Bottom