can't get midshaft off

Im removing my mid shaft to replace shattered coupler and it just wont budge. three bolts are out. its siliconed on. I dont want to pry too hard and damage the Kevlar. iv tried pulling by hand, gently prying, using a 4 ft pipe and prying. wont budge at all. this is on my xscream kong. any suggestions?

Tools I've used to cut through silicone bonding items together have included razor blades, scalpels and fine piano wire.

The trick is to get a corner started and then continue through the adhesion zone with the piano wire, working it backwards and forwards. I always use new and high quality razor/scalpel blades.

I cannot stress enough the safety aspect of going down this path - there's a reason they use scalpels to open people up. Slow, steady and careful will get you there.

Resist the temptation to use force. Once, I tried to remove a siliconed Rule bilge pump base out by yanking on it. The layer of hull material that came out with it stunned me. Next time I promised myself to use the surgical method.

Pull the pump. Get a used beater shaft. Put it in the midshaft. And tap it out from the back. If you don't have a used shaft to used get a wood block and put it on the shaft and hit it. Impact will break the silicone seal. Works everytime.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom