Super Jet Carb Tuning Tool

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
Been unsuccessful finding an old thread that had pics & supplier of a 90 degree screwdriver that would fit easily between the sj dual carbs for tuning needles. It also had markings, much like a torque wrench, that showed you how many turns in/out.
The search was not fruitful.

Decided that I've gotta have one.
Anyone remember this? Your help is appreciated!

Dan

#ZERO

Beach Bum
Motion Pro makes a good tool but personally I'd use the Mikuni T adjusters so they can be rotated with your fingers, also it's easier to see the screw position with these installed.

hs_screw.jpg

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
Motion Pro makes a good tool but personally I'd use the Mikuni T adjusters so they can be rotated with your fingers, also it's easier to see the screw position with these installed.

hs_screw.jpg

Agreed! And I've gone that route in the past. The "t" handle needles I got had a completely different taper than the stock needles. I fought the good fight.......ended up with another set of carbs. Not from an sj. 38 mikuni's , but the high speed needles have coarse threads just as the low. The stock sj's had fine thread on the highs.
So, my tuning will be different than most.
I'm not sure, but I think my carbs came off of a waveraider.....don't know the year.

Don't really wanna say where the t-handles came from. But .... been there, done that!

Agreed! And I've gone that route in the past. The "t" handle needles I got had a completely different taper than the stock needles. I fought the good fight.......ended up with another set of carbs. Not from an sj. 38 mikuni's , but the high speed needles have coarse threads just as the low. The stock sj's had fine thread on the highs.
So, my tuning will be different than most.
I'm not sure, but I think my carbs came off of a waveraider.....don't know the year.

Don't really wanna say where the t-handles came from. But .... been there, done that!

I have 2000 and 2001 SJ carbs, they are course highs and fine thread lows. I also have 1995 raider 38s and they are course highs and course lows. I also didn't like the abrupt taper of the aftermarket t-handles, so I started using the billet knobs from JSS. They use your existing oem screw. I like them better than T-handles.

http://www.jetskisolutions.com/p63_billet_mixture_screw_knobs.html

RedTurboMr2

09 SuperJet
i installed the t-handles a lil while ago, and find it very easy to tune. They went in very easily. Just make sure you order the right ones for your carbs. The lows and highs have different threads.

I have 2000 and 2001 SJ carbs, they are course highs and fine thread lows. I also have 1995 raider 38s and they are course highs and course lows. I also didn't like the abrupt taper of the aftermarket t-handles, so I started using the billet knobs from JSS. They use your existing oem screw. I like them better than T-handles.

http://www.jetskisolutions.com/p63_billet_mixture_screw_knobs.html

Can you install these on an sj without removing the choke? I know the t handles require you to remove the choke

The 90 deg. gear drives require the use of both hands and you can still slip out and loose track of where you were. Why spend all that money. Got a better idea: next time you remove your carbs, drill a hole in the upper part of the web on the carb opposite the needle. It wont be directly opposite but in line enough to use a small (5" blade) flat head screwdriver to turn your needles.

Top Bottom