Charging flywheel

waterbox23

josh
I just purchased a superjet with a total loss flywheel, and i love it. Theirs only one problem i don't race. So riding w/ my friends only last about an hour or so. I was wondering who make a good charging flywheel and what are some tips on installing it.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Errrr.....you will need a lot more than just a charging flywheel. You need to replace your entire electrical system (ignition).

You will need a stator, corresponding flywheel, electrical box, CDI, relay, regulator, coil.
Your battery should last a lot longer than an hour. My Total loss used to last six to eight hours minimum.

If you're after an aftermarket lightweight charging flywheel, RAD made them.

waterbox23

josh
Well that sucks. How hard is it to replace? And how much could i get for my total loss system, I just bought it and he said it was an MSD system. Yours lasted 6 to 8 hours, i might need to get a new battery. What kind of battery were you using?

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
Well that sucks. How hard is it to replace? And how much could i get for my total loss system, I just bought it and he said it was an MSD system. Yours lasted 6 to 8 hours, i might need to get a new battery. What kind of battery were you using?

Depending on the condition, you should get close to enough to buy everthing you need to go back to a stock electrical system.

I have a stator and flywheel for sale. Both are in mint condition.

http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/17970

W

wydopen

ill trade you a jetenics charging alum flywheel for your total loss :cool2:

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
What all is there to lightening a flywheel.

Stick it in the lathe and take a few thou off the face? What about balance?

How much weight would you have to drop to make a difference?

^^^^^ you can easily take off a 1/2lb from a stock flywheel....

I am using a lightnened 61x flywheel..... my guess is that a billet flywheel would still be close to 2lbs lighter..... I suspect that would make a huge difference in HIT! :brap:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I Have a hard time believing that an aluminum charging flywheel would be 2-1/2 lbs lighter than stock.
Reasoning:
Stock 62T flywheel is not quite 4lbs.
Take 2-1/2lbs off and you're at 1 lb 8oz

The MSD TL flywheel, which is aluminum and does not have charging magnets at all weighs in at 1lb 12 oz.

I think the aftermarket charging flywheels weigh about 2-1/2 to 3lbs.

Send me a picture of what MSD system you have. I might be willing to swap entire electrical systems. Just bolt it up and go. I have the lighter 61X flywheel now but was going with TL as soon as I find one.

I Have a hard time believing that an aluminum charging flywheel would be 2-1/2 lbs lighter than stock.
Reasoning:
Stock 62T flywheel is not quite 4lbs.
Take 2-1/2lbs off and you're at 1 lb 8oz

The MSD TL flywheel, which is aluminum and does not have charging magnets at all weighs in at 1lb 12 oz.

I think the aftermarket charging flywheels weigh about 2-1/2 to 3lbs.

Thanks for the info Matt! Im sure your right, I was not thinking about the added weight of the Magnets.

I guess it would realy only be worth while if a billet charging flywheel weighed like 2.5lbs..... then it would be close to a lb lighter then a stock lightened flywheel.... wich is still substantial :biggthumpup:

Anyone know the weight of the charging Jertnetics?

Mark44

Katie's Boss
i

Send me a picture of what MSD system you have. I might be willing to swap entire electrical systems. Just bolt it up and go. I have the lighter 61X flywheel now but was going with TL as soon as I find one.

yea thats just what you need. Go for it.:biggthumpup:

Mark44

Top Bottom