650/X-2 Cheap backflip power x2 dutch

Heey Guy's

I want to make a backflip on my X2 ( Im ambitiouse hehe ) My X2 650cc is a stocker right now.

How do i make it happen the low budget cheap way?

My x2 is stock at the time.. I am just starting tuning up my ski. I switched the impeller (stocker) to a skat track. That works fine. but it was a racing skat and i want to do some freestyle tricks :(

A barrol roll will be fine alsow hehe :p I am looking for dead stop / low end power !

What is the cheap way to do this? I read i need a swirl impeller?

Happy riding! thanx

Last edited:
There isn't a cheap way to flip a hull that is that heavy.
You need a well ported motor, good pipe and carb ssetup and a big hub swirl prop with pump cone or even a mag pump setup.

Oke but if its takes of some more ill be able to do a barrol roll that would be nice :)

Does someone have a portmap from a well portert 650 engine? I tune normal 2 stroke for road use but i have no experiance with the jetski engines. The 2 cilinders in one pipe is someting i dont like, its a major loss of power.. but the engine size compares a bit.
I know for what i want i need te keep the port timing low. Mabey widen the exhaughst port and if posible some boosterports for the exhaughst if there is room in the jugs.. But a nice portmap will be great!

The westcoast exhaughst with uncut rings preforms the same as a stock one if you dont cut of 2 rings ( so i'f read ) what if i take an inch off the stock x2 pipe.. shorter pipes tend to make more bottem end for 2 stroke, i dont know if someone had done this.

A x2 with some tuning and a swirl impellor will do magic i think or do i need to wake up :p

I am looking for an dead stop power impeller if someone has one for sale, swirl is the way to go ( so i'f read )

Thanx

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
"Cheap" and "backflip" are kind of oxymorons. There are cheaper options, but nothing is "cheap".

You are going to need to shorten your hull, add trim, get a motor with a lot of low end torque, and a pump to keep up. Your 650 motor isn't going to be worthy w/o a lot of upgrade work. It's not worth it with a 650 motor. Get a worked over 701 motor or at least a bigger Kawi motor. The kawi motor is going to want to go fast, not torque/jump, so even a larger kawi motor might not have the power you seek.

If buying a prop is a concern of yours, you might want to hold off on this goal until you come up with a little better budget. Prop will be the cheaper part.

Not trying to be a buzz kill. Just realistic. You are severily lacking in power. Start by getting a pipe and a prop, but you will still have a ways to go to get the power you are after.

If you're doing it off a wave, a big wave, just shorten the hull, add trim, something to hold your feet on, and see what happens. Make sure someone has a video camera. We want to see what happens too.

a 650 has great low end port timing and setup right hits hard but it takes money and someone who knows what they are doing.
701 yami motors are not the answer kawi motors make more power hands down. Reason people think yamis make more power is becasue the pumps are so much better on a yami.
But yes nothing will be cheap

Heey guys,

jes i know if does not come cheap! But low budget tuning is the wat to go. A dasa engine is foolish for a X2 im a tuner i want to fix things myself.

I dont want to do the best posible, witch parts give the best low end power ?

Im getting an exhausht and head and intake soon but i need to know the best parts to choose. Barrel roling wil be awsome to!

I need to buy a swirl impeller does anyone have One ?

Just lookin for nice parts that will give best results but not the 2000 doller a peace parts..

And a portmap will be sweet !

Thanx

Haha what ya gonna do act a fool ! (Lil jhon)just asking ;) but a flip is not posible? I am thinkin of a small wave flip on a flat like water lake.. like i see people do on youtube :D not a dead stop flip thats insane. And like i said a barrol roll would be Nice to! Just maling the best of it :)

GrantWarden

Not new, just new.
Just for the sake of this thread, no, a 650 could not be modded to backflip on a setup wake. It would be MUCH cheaper to buy a different hull and motor. You would need to lighten the sky a ton, pour thousands into the engine, and do a lot of one off fiberglass. It will cost you many many thousands to make this happen. Sorry buddy, I have a 650 that I want to flip too, it just can't be done easily or cheaply...

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
A realistic goal is back flipping a X2 off a nice substantial surf wave.

You do not have a realistic goal. Flat water back flip is not from a dead stop, and usually implies a good wake setup. The largest motors barely flip flatwater w/o a wake, and not from a stand still.

If you're after the "best bang for your buck" info on modification, then you should ask about that. If you are interested in a lightly modified X2 hull with a budget 650 motor doing a back flip off it's own wake, you are misguided.

A barrel roll will be a big challenge in itself.

Set your goal at flat water aerial 180s. Then move to flat water nose stabs. Then Flat water barrel rolls. You back flip is going to take the most amount of modification.

Oké the flip is off. was just wondering if you guys could do it..

But i still want to tune the 650. There are no engines for sale so ill be fiddeling with this engine.

I dont want a nother Hull, i want to keep my x2, i ride it for years and its badass just to slow.

So i am looking for portmaps, and info about parts witch would be the best for My aspirations :)

I really want to get a high low power impeller, swirl One. I cant buy them here, this country sucks :p

Thanx peeps!

And i have a skat track impellor now. If i put the engine side up i can read the skat track correct and there is a 6 on it. Of is it a 9 and is of a good one, i think its to much of a racing impellor.

Gr

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
the 6 is a Skat Trak 16 pitch straight blade impeller.

It's a fine impeller. It's a bit on the steep side for a stock 650. That's fine since you want to upgrade.

Not sure why you have such a focus on a swirl style impeller. They are better, but they are expensive and will only give you an unnoticeable amount of power.

The reason you can't find a swirl impeller is because they do not make swirl impellers for the 650 pump. They only make straight blade impellers. The people using swirl impellers in the 650 pump have 750/800 impellers that have been cut down to fit the pump. The work costs $75, on top of shipping and the cost of the impeller. You're talking $200-$250, and you already have an ok prop. You can buy a pipe for that amount of money.

You have a stock motor. Buy a pipe, a carb and increase the compression. If you have less than a 38mm carb, buy a 42 or 44mm carb before the pipe. If you have a 38 mm carb, get the pipe 1st, then carb or head.

Those are the simplest and cheapest ways to increase the power of your boat. There's no reason to discuss porting or anything else if you don't have a pipe. Your prop is fine. Changing it is a waste of money. So is porting. The power increases of porting are far less per dollar than a pipe. Buy a pipe.

Did I mention to buy a pipe? Because you should buy a pipe.

And check your carb or post a picture. If it's the older 28mm carb, for the love of god, buy a new carb.

Then buy a pipe. not a swirl prop. A pipe. No porting. Just a pipe. Not timing. a pipe. No imcreases in compression.

Pipe

There is a video of it happening. The hull was shortened and the steering maved aft. The engine was supposedly a 66e, they didnt mention the pump.

Please find that video. Only gen 1 flip I've seen is the Jap lightweight hulls with 950cc engines

Top Bottom