Surfriding cold water temp/valving off

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
so its gettin colder out up in nj, at what water temp do you guys usually valve off one of the dual cooling lines and what line do you usually valve off? ive ridden couchs in january years ago with out doing anything but never had my sj or b1 out past october cuz they were always broken

3/8" inline ball valve then you can adjust it on the fly. Group K
I like this idea, but what temp are we aiming for?
Pisser water is luke warm?
Hot tub Hot?
Can't keep your hand in it hot?
I've always wondered this..
Because with no adj my eng temps are gonna vary at least 20-30deg with the lake temp..

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I run Jetworks quick disconnect restrictors on both outlet lines with different size restrictor inserts. Takes about 30 seconds to change both.

Its all about the surf!
Just guessing here, but if it were me I would shoot for 100 degrees on your pisser water. I would think that if you're cooler than that, then your engine isn't running hot enough and if you're hotter than that, your hot hands would be pretty uncomfortable.

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
i like matt e's idea cuz you can still have water runnin through both cooling lines. id still like to know a lil more detail bout like what water temp to start restricting etc. i know in the dead of summer you prolly get about 100-105 degree water out the pissers so im guessing you restrict a lil at a time till you got that. someone should make a chart for somethin like this

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
i like matt e's idea cuz you can still have water runnin through both cooling lines. id still like to know a lil more detail bout like what water temp to start restricting etc. i know in the dead of summer you prolly get about 100-105 degree water out the pissers so im guessing you restrict a lil at a time till you got that. someone should make a chart for somethin like this

For water temps below 45 degrees, I use a 2mm restrictor in each line

45-55 3mm
55-65 4mm
Above 65, no restriction

It keeps the water temps at the hot hands around 90-110 degrees

Top Bottom