Super Jet Color of turf to make my sj stick out

Well i think i will buy some of Tobys footholds but i will also need to buy some hydro turf. I am still undecided on the turf color to get, i really like the diamond design but dont know for sure yet on the color. I would like to order everything today. Can you guys tell me what you think would really make my sj look nice. If anything i could always get the black diamond. I thought about a royal blue color but that might look too unmatched. Also once i get the holds installed and its time to turf do i just buy the turf by the sheet or what? And do i just cut around the footholds to make the turf fit in the holds correctly? Any ideas on an under cushon? I know this is alot but im clueless and need some help lolIMG_9255.jpg

mrk

nice looking ski, they have the dual color turf that looks killer, but it takes some time to get. i have had mine on order for 3-4 weeks now. i order it by the sheet and take your time. measure 3-4 times before cutting. i found doing it on a cool night works the best because i wont drink as many beers.

White Rails, Chinpad, and turf might change the look.

I am running 9mm underpadding with no complaints on flatwater. If you want to go to the 25mm its your call. When you go to turf, make sure you let the contact cement almost completely dry, and have the heat gun ready to mold the turf into the holds. Don't just cut around them.

Good luck

I really like the white idea i think that would look sweet. How many sheets of 40x62 would i need to get to turf the whole tray and sides and the side rails along with the chin pad? And when turfing the holds and any part of the ski where there is curves all i need to do is take the heat gun to it?

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
For sure don't go with blue turf. Your ski is a great color but any blue turf out there will make it look really cheesy/tacky. Personally I think black is the best color turf to go with your paint.

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
I've used white turf on a fairly brown colored lake for two seasons and it stayed clean. I didn't go stomping red, Georgia clay into the tray but I didn't do anything sPecial to it. Each spring I sprayed it down with some 50:50 water and bleach and it would look like new. Don't be afraid of the pimptastic white turf.

Pablo

Site Supporter
Mcdog's running it on both his skis now and it looks fresh as the day he put it on.

I really like the white idea i think that would look sweet. How many sheets of 40x62 would i need to get to turf the whole tray and sides and the side rails along with the chin pad? And when turfing the holds and any part of the ski where there is curves all i need to do is take the heat gun to it?

One sheet for the tray, and I think you could get the rails and chin pad out of another... Someone else will have to chime in.

Never had white turf, but it looks badass.

Pablo

Site Supporter
Get two sheets to cover for mishaps. The tray is easy. It's the rails with footholds that will sneak up on u.

Dmac80sc

Site Supporter
White looks good. I have it on my blaster and sj. Just make sure not to use the tray as a tool chest when working on the ski. I have made that mistake a few times and my white turf is looking bad after a season. But I am gonna take pabloes advice and try the bleach and water. Yeah I have stomped some ga clay in them too a good bit. lol

Pablo

Site Supporter
Use some bright sun to help the bleach work it's magic. I store my ski outside with a cover in the winter so when spring comes its all dingy. I give it a wash with some soap, scrub the tray with a brush and then hit the turf with the bleach/water and let it set 15-20" in the sun and rinse. It kept mine fresh, but like Dmac said u can't use the white turf as a tool tray or ur toast. U should get the white/grey/black camo turf if ur gonna do that.

i think waffle groove is badass. i have black molded diamond currently but i want something different as black diamond is so common. im re-turfing this winter.

Top Bottom