Compression issues after rebuild??

I have a rn I bought that had a worn out top end and porting I did not want. Before I tore it down it had about 115 psi of compression. I got a new cylinder, new low end porting, a fresh bore with pro-x pistons and put it back together with a b-pipe, new prop etc. The ski had a 62t top case on it if that matters.

I went and started breaking the ski in sunday and the thing rips, I have never been sore riding and I am still sore from sunday from holding on to it. I got it home, cleaned everything and di my usual storage routine and checked the compression for curiosities sake, it has 90 psi!!!

Could it have the wrong head? It is a new gauge I will check it with another but I cant figure out whats up!!! I am going to get a girdled head next week but any ideas???

Yeah the gauge is new and reads 140 on my buddies ski so all should be well there. And the ski was definitely cool when I tested it. I feel like when I was riding I felt the rings seat because the throttle response was noticeably better and the ski had a little more grunt. I cant imagine it could be 50-60 psi off, the head is supposedly milled but I have no idea what it came from, I would assume all the 701 heads are the same.

Top Bottom