condensation question

One of my skis has been sitting since october and today when I pulled the hood off , there was water puddles on the stock exaust and head. I got nervous so I checked to see if it cranked and it did. I didn't try to start it , just made sure it turned over. My concern is if condensation built up on the motor , do you think it did inside too?
Is there anything I should do before I try and start this thing? Help me out, I dont want to rip this motor apart if I dont have to.

Last edited:
could be..

definately wont hurt to fire it up and rev it a couple of times.....clears any standing water out of the waterbox and will also put a fresh coat of oil on the sleeve and rotate the crank bearings..

If you dont plan on riding it for a bit then get a can of fogging oil, fog it til it dies and forget about it..

FWIW after a ride I ALWAYS fire the boat up the day after and blow any water out that has settled in the exhaust system..Makes a difference!

Storing a ski with water inside is about the worst possible thing that you can do to one. The interior must be completely dry if the hood is latched. If its not dry then prop the hood open until it is. Make sure to blow it out until the engine is too hot to hold on to.

Its all about the surf!
leave your hood off after you ride at least over night

X2 Leave your hood off ALWAYS when your not riding it. Your engine compartment with your hood on is like a sealed jar with a little water in it. Condensation forms in a few hours after riding it and will find its way into everything, elec box, motor, etc. AND another tip- if you like a loose pole set up then store your pole in the "up" position to keep your spring strong

R

ridethelip

Storing a ski with water inside is about the worst possible thing that you can do to one. The interior must be completely dry if the hood is latched. If its not dry then prop the hood open until it is. Make sure to blow it out until the engine is too hot to hold on to.
Then you can use the engine to make a grilled cheese.

Lammy

winter sucks
I pull the hood off of mine and lay a thick blanket over the front part of the ski to keep it temperate, then I spray the whole engine compartment with wd-40 or something like that.

Top Bottom