craigslist barn find superjet bulid

as many of you know i got 2 superjets and a double trailer off the list for 700.00. yes 700.00. sold the trailer for 600.00. so i got 2 superjets for $100.00 one is a 93 650 and one is a 97 701. this will be the rebulid of the 97 into a fixed stear surf bomber.

Attachments

• SSPX0561.jpg
    SSPX0561.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 276
  • SSPX0563.jpg
    SSPX0563.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 299
  • SSPX0564.jpg
    SSPX0564.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 269
  • SSPX0567.jpg
    SSPX0567.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 262
  • SSPX0565.jpg
    SSPX0565.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 368
  • SSPX0568.jpg
    SSPX0568.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 346
  • SSPX0566.jpg
    SSPX0566.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
this is what they looked like the night i got home with them.both bottoms are beat up pretty bad. the rn has holes in it. the sn holds water. lol. cost me a motor as it was sunk with rain water when i pick it up. the rn was saved from the same fait due to the holes in the bottom. i have tons of sn superjets so no rush redoing this one.(good winter project).

pulled the pump plate,grate,pump shoe was broken so i choped it out. going ot have to pull the motor cause the hole is pretty big and will need fixing on both sides. zero tubbies are going on this one. the motor has a riva dry pipe riva head. it starts and sounds good. still going to tear it down see how used up it is. new motor mounts. going to put some footholds. not sure whos yet. anyone got info on a fixed stear boat at what holds work the best or it dont matter?

Attachments

• CIMG2987.jpg
    CIMG2987.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 292
  • CIMG2988.jpg
    CIMG2988.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 244
  • SSPX0570.jpg
    SSPX0570.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 179
  • SSPX0569.jpg
    SSPX0569.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 209
  • SSPX0571.jpg
    SSPX0571.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
this is what they looked like the night i got home with them.both bottoms are beat up pretty bad. the rn has holes in it. the sn holds water. lol. cost me a motor as it was sunk with rain water when i pick it up. the rn was saved from the same fait due to the holes in the bottom. i have tons of sn superjets so no rush redoing this one.(good winter project).

pulled the pump plate,grate,pump shoe was broken so i choped it out. going ot have to pull the motor cause the hole is pretty big and will need fixing on both sides. zero tubbies are going on this one. the motor has a riva dry pipe riva head. it starts and sounds good. still going to tear it down see how used up it is. new motor mounts. going to put some footholds. not sure whos yet. anyone got info on a fixed stear boat at what holds work the best or it dont matter?

Hey, that pipe is a a Riva Spec II wet pipe. Similar to a B Pipe, but instead of screws, you remove the water fitting and change out jetting to tune the water.

Great find!

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
come stick your feet in the tom21 footholds i got in this sxr at my house. They are nice. 25 mm pad makes them fit the feet nice and very padded. Good for big feet too.

got the bottom all repaired sorry no pics. got the hood on test road the ski. its fun with the fixed steer hood. motor pulls pretty good for just a pipe and a head. went with a tbm pump cone a solas 12/17 (i think lol forgot what i put in it) starting footholds this week.need to find a x2umi the one on this hood is shot. anyone got one they want to part with?

i have to weld the pipe steve tryed to br the ski landed on the side pretty hard and snaped the front pipe mount off. lol it was a loud smack .

Last edited:
of ya still running hard.im about to bust it out this weekend if i can find someone to ride with.
ps that pipe is long gone. b-pipeeeeeeeed

Last edited:
Just curious..I have that same RIVA pipe on my 99 SJ and always wondered how much of a difference the B-pipe would make. Since you upgraded to the B-pipe can you really notice a big difference? I know the B-pipe is WAY easier to work on and around, but besides that did it really pull harder?? Thanks

Top Bottom