Custom Deck JS550

Just got done with my js550 and boy was it fun. Somewhere along the way I picked up a 750 and an x2 so I have been busy with that as well. If you want the story, heres the link:

http://www.pwctoday.com/f72/js550-build-first-attempt-259973.html

While I was doing some hull hacking, I did a few differant things. I filled in the fuel filler in the front, glassed over all holes from front exhaust and pisser, and converted it to rear exhaust. I also did all the powder coating. Almost all engine parts, brackers, ride plates, you name it, were powder coated by yours truely.
If you want to just see pictures, here they are:

Heres what it originally looked like. Driving it hom from San Diego
0526091936-1-1.jpg

127.jpg

126.jpg

125.jpg

124.jpg

123.jpg

128.jpg

IMG_7807.jpg

Pwgsx

Go big or go home
very nice, similar to mine but I got a stock engine but I did re-form the hood vents. I would look into a better hood strap as the stock one is crap and may let go. :)

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 441
Yup I did paint it myself. Its a acrylic enamel paint that was very easy to use. Unlike your standard base coat clear coat, it is a one step spray that you keep spraying untill you have your desired flow and coat.

Pwgsx

Go big or go home
Yup I did paint it myself. Its a acrylic enamel paint that was very easy to use. Unlike your standard base coat clear coat, it is a one step spray that you keep spraying untill you have your desired flow and coat.

What kind of primer did you use and where did you get the paint from?

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
that looks mint... i always hated those 550 front exhausts... looks like the breather from a furnace....

what tank you running? looks like a jaz maybe?

N2 H2O

Previously Tbone550
That's a clean 550. That's a pretty neat idea to just cut the walls in the back.

I recently got a js550. I am looking for a finger throttle for it, where did you get yours? Also, what modifications do you recommend?
You can get finger throttles a lot of places. I order a lot of my stuff from Optima Racing or Blowsion. I would start out by getting a pipe, impeller, head, rideplate, and bars and finger throttle. Also, If you have any more questions about your 550, start a new thread in the 300/440/550 section.

Last edited:
Top Bottom