Cutting the back off Blaster seat

sea-dude

To Air is Human
I’m just getting started with surf freeriding on a blaster and was wondering if anyone has cut the ass end off there blaster seat? I went over a large wave that wasn’t peaked yet and came down nose first and my ass hit the seat harder than I would have liked.

Chopped Blaster Seat

Here's a couple pics of my '96 that I just took. You can see where I cut it off. I just fabricated a bracket to attach the seat and the base with a stainless screw. Seems to work great. Let me know if you need any details.

-Jake

Last edited:

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
I love the look of that seat. I'm currently in the process of making a more "Moto" type seat for my B1. I will get some pics of the process.

Snackem

Danger Zone
I love the look of that seat. I'm currently in the process of making a more "Moto" type seat for my B1. I will get some pics of the process.

You can buy a 3D that already has a moto seat and save yourself all that trouble:biggthumpup:

sea-dude

To Air is Human
Here's a couple pics of my '96 that I just took. You can see where I cut it off. I just fabricated a bracket to attach the seat and the base with a stainless screw. Seems to work great. Let me know if you need any details.

-Jake

Yea that’s exactly what I was talking about…. Looks like you didn’t remove the entire hump though. I was even thinking of cutting into the glass, but after seeing yours I may just start with that. I love the strap idea too. Thanks for the pics.:biggthumpup:

sea-dude

To Air is Human
I left the hump for two reasons: it keeps you in the seat a little better when sitting down and it protects the "juevos" a little more on a mishap.

AAHHH the "nad" protection.:nutkick: How long did the mod take? It looks pretty simple. I may tackle it this weekend.:woot:
I need to install foot straps too.

It took about 2 hours to tackle it. I didn't do the nicest job, but it works. On the footstraps, I wouldn't worry about them until you are ready to roll the ski. I don't have the cajones to roll it yet and they kind of get in the way. I seem to step on them a lot. If I were to rethink it, I would only put the footstraps on when I'm ready to roll the thing. Just my opinion. Eddie (LBE) told me he only uses the straps on rolls. He's a good source to ask any questions.

i think im going to have to try this mod!

it looks like you didnt have to undo the fabric all the way. just about 10" or so. right?

is the hump in the plastic or in the padding?

is it a lot easier to back-mount like this?

i think im going to have to try this mod!

it looks like you didnt have to undo the fabric all the way. just about 10" or so. right?

is the hump in the plastic or in the padding?

is it a lot easier to back-mount like this?

Yeah, I undid the staples about 10"s. I only cut the seat fabric to the necessary length then restapled it. Use stainless or rust resistant staples though. Mine are rusting out.

The hump is the rolled up padding. I just cut it to the lenght I wanted, then rolled the flap over. I works great.

Back mounting this mama jamma is better than ever. You never get your vest caught on the lip, you can keep you center of gravity lower in the rough surf, and you can actually utilize the back deck of the ski. If you have the time, try it out.

I'll be making a custom seat cover for this pretty soon, so I'll keep you guys updated.

Top Bottom