D@mn Salt

After ingesting water numerous times at Daytona. I came home and rode at a fresh water lake for about 5 minutes. I thought that would be good enough. But after pulling the motor last week to do some reinforcing, I happened to try and turn the coupler and it would not budge:banghead: ! So much for an 06 crank.

Attachments

• Picture 082.jpg
    Picture 082.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 115
  • Picture 088.jpg
    Picture 088.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 126
After ingesting water numerous times at Daytona. I came home and rode at a fresh water lake for about 5 minutes. I thought that would be good enough. But after pulling the motor last week to do some reinforcing, I happened to try and turn the coupler and it would not budge:banghead: ! So much for an 06 crank.

even after a SINGLE ingestion I make sure to ride my boat for at least 30 minutes of hard riding....even if its just WOT passes up and down the shore....then fog it down afterwards....

even after a SINGLE ingestion I make sure to ride my boat for at least 30 minutes of hard riding....even if its just WOT passes up and down the shore....then fog it down afterwards....

Well, I wish I would have known to ride it longer. But hopefully some other salt water rookies will read this and learn from my mistake.

jetskiking

Im done sanding!!!
Well, I wish I would have known to ride it longer. But hopefully some other salt water rookies will read this and learn from my mistake.
This is why we ride freshwater. Man I have seen alot of carnage from Daytona. I heard a little ferry helped you out on a crank though:biggthumpup:

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
Man, you guys are bumming me out with the salt water carnage pix:bigeyes:
I think when I go to the beach this summer, I will leave the skis at home and just lie in the sun and drunk beer! :biggthumpup:

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
Once they are back on the trailer I've seen people spray the heck out of the inside of the hull with fresh water then use the bilge pump or drain plugs to empty it out.

Salt is evil but does dissolve in water. The insides are designed for water. If you don't have a hose handy use the water hose at a gas station.

the thing with WD40 is that is it makes your motor and compartment all nasty....we all use SILICONE SPRAY down here.....

I tilt my boat up and fill it with water after every ride...drain with scupper, then repeat.....vaccuum out all excess water then spray down the whole motor with silione spray...it dries clear with no residue, and is safe to use on rubber

no fogging though unless she sinks....

for my boat that I keep up north.......pull her out of the water, rev it and put her up

Top Bottom