Freestyle DFW Turfmasters Apply Here!!!!

Hey guys! I just got done doin a Trinity foothold install on my 05 SXR. Was wondering if there were any Hydro-Turf Guru's in the DFW area that wouldn't mind giving a turf-newb a hand... I WILL SUPPLY THE BEER!!!! This is gonna be going on sometime next week and I live in the Colony...

I could proabably do this on my own, but it wouldnt hurt to have someone with some experience here with me... I just wanna make sure it comes out pretty... ya know?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Heat gun, patience, plan each move, triple check your measurements before cutting, Make it purty

I've been reading all this info about gettin this job done right. I even talked to Lisa at Hydro-turf about it too. she suggested using blue painters tape and layer it up, cut the excess off, lay it on the backside of the turf sheet and trace it out to get my pattern. The biggest problem I am running into right now, is trying to cover all the area inside the hold. They are Trinty holds and they are deep. I can barely get the masking tape in there right, how the hell am I supposed to get the turf in there?! I dunno, I was just seein if anyone in the area wouldn't mind coming by to give me a hand cuz I'm pretty sure it is nearly impossible to do it solo...

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
If I was closer I would help you out...

For the holds, I turf the inside of the gunwales in one piece, then use some gentle heat to wrap as far under the foot hold lip as I can (with the gunwale piece). Then I cut an approximate piece for the inside of the holds and cut and trim until it fits how i want it. It's pretty damn difficult to get the inside of the holds to look show quality, even the blowsions skis have some nastiness inside the holds, but nobody can really see it and as long as it fits your shoe well and doesnt hurt etc, you should be good.IMG_0234.jpg

Last edited:
when i turfed my ski i was gonna finish turfing the inside of the footholds later and never got around to it.. been riding like this for 3 years with no turf on the inside of the holds ?(mainly on the top inside). i ride with shoes on and have no problem staing in. by the way, ihate turfing too but if you have never done it, i think you should try doing it yourself once.
2008_0722may20080025.jpg

Last edited:

skinnyman

YOU CANT RENT MY SKI
Its real easy to carried away with turf but at the end of the day you wont see the inside of you holds.
If you want to come to Garland sat and I will walk you thru it or come to the cove on sunday Some one will help

Turf or fork in my eye Ill take the fork

Damn I work sat and sun! its ok tho, turf hasnt arrived yet... man id figure i'd have a few takers, not even the free beer can convince someone to turf at their own will... maybe i shoulda posted this tonight or saturday night when everyone is already drunk and has lowered inhibitions to come help turf... lol

Side note, can i even skip the turf in the very inside of the hold and just have the underpad in there? i'd rather replace underpad more frequently than try to turf it nice cuz im anal when it comes to that :):):):) for some reason. I think i've seen someones like that on here...

Top Bottom