Distance I can travel on a RN SJ tank of gas?

Does anyone have a good idea how far you can make it distance wise on a tank of gas (Stock RN SJ)? I am thinking about going on a trip up river but don't want to run out of gas.

ger87410

How did I get here?
It's not really about distance, but time.

There's tons of other factors that come into play for distance, such as water flow direction and speed. Especially on rivers.

U should be able to ride for an hour. How far can you go in an hour?

Is it a 1-way trip? Which river?

ger87410

How did I get here?
I dunno, that's kinda pushing it. Assuming you're going to do tricks and stuf when you get there or on the way.

If you're just going to cruise along half throttle, I'll put a large wager on you making it without hitting reserve.

Only 1 hour? I can ride for 2-3 hours on a tank when messing around. Cruising up a slow moving river you should be good for at least 2 hours on a full tank.

I rode the poker run at lake cumberland on my SJ and all I had was a high compression head and a prop and I made it on 3 tanks of fuel and had tons left I think it was 68 miles? But that was a long time ago back in 2002

ger87410

How did I get here?
Only 1 hour? I can ride for 2-3 hours on a tank when messing around. Cruising up a slow moving river you should be good for at least 2 hours on a full tank.

Yep. For me anyways. Kim usually can go for twice that.

I do A TON of WOT. My little 650 just doesn't have the power a 701 has.

i did 50 miles on my super jet . it took me 4hours because of a slow follow boat but i only burnt 6 gallons of gas. thats with dual 44's, factory b pipe and 785cc ada head!

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
With a stock ski you should be fine. I had some friends try to make it to catalina from long beach harbor. Its 26 miles. A couple of them made it and a couple came real close.

Top Bottom