Super Jet Driveshaft cover

lazyt747

Cool Beanz
My ski came with a metal one with one bolt holding it on. The other bolt is cracked off the block. The metal cover cracked off on the first ride. The single bolt is still intact though.

I'm thinking that the output shaft sprays water up by my flame arresters while I am in the middle of bilging it out. Any thoughts on what I should do or if this makes sense? Thinking of going back to a stock intake.

QuickMick

API 1104 AWS CWI
Site Supporter
If you cant get the broke bolt out, use the one good bolt and 4200 quick cure the other side down.
I silicone mine down, then bolt them down also. I apply the silicone just to keep the cover from rattling and wearing out the ear of the bolting boss. One time one of the bolts vibrated out while riding and the silicone was still holding that side down. But im not a very aggressive rider, other than jumping wakes.

Or just wrap it with some good stainless tie wire where the bolt would go, might be a good choice.

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
Worst case, if you must have 2 bolt bosses, you can replace the bed plate for the broken side. To do this you'll have to pull the motor to replace the bed plate and torque the new one to proper specs (where it attaches to the motor). Used bed plates are a dime a dozen and cheap.

I use a stock coupler cover with 1/4" sections of fuel line between the boss and the cover as a damper.

lazyt747

Cool Beanz
Might have to try that 4200 idea. Definitely do not want to pull the engine on this thing. I can definitely see that thing shooting water up inbetween pump outs.

Top Bottom