Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 701 - 800 cc w pipe

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 800 - 1000 cc motors

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 1000 plus motor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'd say 701 with pipe and head (185 psi) in warmer weather and water temperature. But would need to be restricted in cold water riding. You'd be fine with single cooling but if you do bouys with lots of WOT things would get a little toasty.

Iv'e been setting my skis up with dual cooling and running a ball valve on the line off the head that dumps to the pisser. When im in cooler water I either close it or restrict it.

Another choice should be all motors! I think it is critical for the occasional clogged lines we get. You are not down and out if one clogs.

I would dual cool a brand new stocker I think....

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I run two into the exhaust mani and always will. My superjet has a B pipe, head, and porting. I run it very hard since I have to do lots of boat chasing and I do some river riding too, and just cruising. When I'm getting to a ride spot, I'll be varying throttle position but I'm over 5500 rpm most of the time and usually varying from 6000-6900(WOT) for a couple minutes... Never complete WOT for more than 5 seconds.
When I come back from riding that hard you can only hold your hand on the sides of the block for a couple seconds without it getting very uncomfortable. Not enough to sizzle or smiting, but it is very very warm.

Top Bottom