Dumb oil mixture question

When premixing oil, does it matter when I mix the oil? Does it matter if I put the oil in the can gas container before the gas or do I need to put the gas in first? the reason I'm asking is because i'd prefer to just add the oil to the gas container at home and then head to the gas station to add the gas. instead of having to take the oil with me and pre-mixing at the gas station.

thanks,

Swooperjet

Bring the brap!!
I put mine in the gas can so that when I add the gas it mixes it up good. Doesn't matter though as long as you shake the can around to mix it.

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
I put mine in the gas can so that when I add the gas it mixes it up good. Doesn't matter though as long as you shake the can around to mix it.

x2, i try to oil the empty cans first b4 filling them up. nice good mix, but it really does not matter.:dance:

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
With today's formulations, it pretty much doesn't need much mixing. Take a cup of gas, and pour some oil into it and you will see. It will pretty much completely mix as it is falling to the bottom.

I prefer to pour the oil into the container before I fill it up, but it really doesn't matter.

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
i always put oil in the tank before fueling as i like knowing the pressure of the gas from the pump is creating a lot of turbulence in the can and mixing the oil consistantly.

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
I am probably overcautious, but I put about 1/2 gallon of gas in the can first, then oil, then shake it real good for about 10 seconds, then top off with fuel. Guaranteed good mix. After doing golf course management and landscape maintenance for the last 20 years, and having dirt bikes and jet skis. You will never go wrong. It's a bit more of a pain, but you are 100% guaranteed a good mix. No oil sticking to a dry can and not fully mixing. Just my .02

keefer

T1
I kind of do the same thing but I just add the oil to the empty jug and when I get to the pump I put about .5 gallon in and then swish it around before pumping the rest. Probably overcautious but it makes me confident that it is mixed well.

I just pour the oil into a prefilled can and fill my ski. Ill let the ski do the mixing! normally i shake it around a bit but i really dont worry about it much.

Top Bottom