Electrical Box idea

I have a Sea-Poo e-box with nice screw on grommets to seal the wires going in and a good rubber seal all the way around it. I was thinking of mounting this and running all the Yamaha goodies in it to solve the leaky Super Jet e-box issues. Has anybody done this? Any thoughts?

Attachments

• DSC01118.jpg
    DSC01118.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC01124.jpg
    DSC01124.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 30

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
I have a Sea Doo HX with that same e-box, as well as a 91 SJ. The SJ e-box stays dry as a bone, the Sea Doo leaks like a sieve.....

Where is your Yamaha e-box leaking from???? That just seems crazy to me...

I have sealed and re sealed and used sealant and never been able to keep water out of my box on my 93 superjet. It has water EVERY time. My plan is to thread a bolt in the bottom so it could be drained and left open to dry after every ride.

you should be shot for just thinking about putting those sd parts in the Yamaha!:rant:

Yes, it is blasphemy, I know!

After reading these responses, I won't give up on the Yamaha box just yet, although I'm not the only one having trouble with them. I have a new gasket coming from Yamaha so that should help but it looks like the design of the cable 'seals' it what's causing the leaks.

I used dielectric grease on the seal and made sure the wires and cables weren't pulling too hard....and the screws are all fine too. Anything else to watch for?

I have sealed and re sealed and used sealant and never been able to keep water out of my box on my 93 superjet. It has water EVERY time. My plan is to thread a bolt in the bottom so it could be drained and left open to dry after every ride.

That sounds like a good idea. I just wish we didn't get water inside in the first place...

Make sure your sealing surfaces of the box are good with no pitting.
I had a leaker too, but that box was from a salt machine and the cast part of the box had corroded.

Oz

Top Bottom