Electronics question?

I have a 750 big pin in my x2. I have a dual carb set up on it and it is ported. What electronics should I use in it 650 or 750 and why?

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
650 because 750 electronics suck,really you can run either just know that one day the boat will start running crappy because the stator went out if you are running 750 electrics.

X2, 750 electrics are trouble. Lightened 650 flywheel, advanced timing, all 650 electrics is the way to go.

Ok well that sums that up for me thank you. Does anybody know where I can buy a new set of 650 electronics and about what they will cost?

Winter X2

Winter X2
on ebay. dealers will kill ya.

find someone parting out a ski and get it all.. should get a lightened flywheel while your at it. I saw one on ebay for a hundo. By the time you buy one and send it to group k and pay to ship it back, you better off just spending the 100. IMO Good luck.

I have a 750 big pin in my x2. I have a dual carb set up on it and it is ported. What electronics should I use in it 650 or 750 and why?

your best bet is to find someone parting out an 86 x2. the 86 x2 is the only 650 motor that came factory with no rev. limiter built into the electronics and find a lightened fly wheel.

The 650 ignitions low rev limit is the main problem when used on 750 big pins. A Dales 650 ignition will work but has no retard curve or rev limit. A 93-95 X2 box is very good but can only make 6900 rpm. The best overall ignition is the stock 750SXI. It has a nice retard curve that is very pump gas friendly and a high rev limit that is out of the way yet keeps the engine from exploding.

I'm not going to disagree that the 650 electronics will be better for multiple reasons. I am going to play devils advocate though since no one said anything about the positives to running 750 electronics. The main benefit to run 750 over 650 is that the 750 cases will have to be machined to accept the 650 stator. Also, though I've never had a 750 stator fail on me, at least they are easier to replace than the 650 stator. You don't have to remove the flywheel to inspect/replace them. Also the 750 electric parts are newer, therefore you can get cleaner parts. Not that you can't get clean 650 electrics because you can and they are cheaper.

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
I use a 95 X2 ebox's, with the 86 X2 3wire CDI's (no rev limiter) on all of my kawi boats. Makes scary topend, but not very pump gas friendly if you advance the timing and hold it WOT.

Top Bottom