Other Fiberglass resin?????????

I-LOVE-WATER

want to fly high
Hey Guys I have to do some work on my rxp and I got this resin that lake effects told me to get any of yall have any tricks on how to use this stuff never used it before.

Here it is
c867155e.jpg

Heres the damage to my ski
d471a211.jpg

5d04e27a.jpg

I-LOVE-WATER

want to fly high
The 05s will do that they fixed them after that year so I am goin to do that and actually fix it right this winter. Have to keep it together at 74mph hahaha

Boris

The Good Old Days
Appliance Epoxy in a rattle can would actually be a good temporary fix for that hull. That's some strong a$$ paint for a spray bomb and the black would be a close match.

Its all about the surf!
The stuff you posted a pic of is Body filler, or a similar product to Bondo. You need actual fiberglass cloth and an epoxy resin to repair your damage correctly

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
I wouldn't put fiberglass cloth on the bottom of that hull. patch it with some marinetex, sand it and call it done.

it's hard to tell how damaged the hull is from your pics. It doesn't look deep or very bad. if it is bad I'd reinforce on the inside of the hull.

tomski

X
You can use vinylester resin (epoxy not required) with chopped strand mat and some cloth. The bottom is built with chopped strand mat. Respray with black gelcoat and it will look just like new.

At the speeds that rxp is capable of, that damage will get worse. And if the damage goes past the outer shell to the inner liner, you're in for major work.

Top Bottom