SX/SXi/SXi Pro Finally got around to fitting my RN SJ pole on my 750 Pro

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
took all winter (3 months of neglect....) and about 1 actual weekend to get it done. called in a favor to a buddy of mine who used to paint... had him paint the pole black (was a beat up white before)...looks good enough for me. bought the Blow$ion steering set up for it- sealed bearing, shortened adjustable quick steer turn plate. wasn't a bolt up and go project like i thought it was going to be, but I'm sure it will be worth it since ill be able to cut it down to whatever.. i already cut off 1" of the pole, plus the -1 on the turn plate.

6984672324_f331ede9f1.jpg

6984672160_f5331879b6.jpg
[
is there anyway to run a pole spring on this set up?

Last edited:
Not sure about the pole spring but the pole looks siick! Did you take any pictures of the installation or do you have any tips? i'm planning on doing this to my sx when I come up with the parts. Thanks

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
didn't take too many pics while i did it. but theres a pretty good write up that i followed (kinda)
Ull need:
RN SJ pole and chin pad
Blow$ion SJ pole conversion bushings
blow$ion steering system with conversion turn plate (allows u to move ur steering cable to the other side)
Blow$ion cable keeper
beer

i unbolted the stock kawi bracket so that i could just lay the pole in there roughly and run the cables through to check things

ull have to cut off about 1/4- 1/2" off the bottom of the SJ pole so that it can fully move in the stock kawi bracket. (theres a little nubb in the kawi bracket that u can file down too to make it clear without having to cut so much off)

ull also have to drill out the rivets on the top section of the pole so that u can remove some of the excess styrofoam. the steering cable will need to be able to route to the left side of the pole (if ur looking at it while "standing" in the tray).

ull need to grind out the top section of the top bracket so that u can get the cable out the left side. the write up that i read, the guy welded in a plate from where he cut it out to make it look more professional and also to give some strength back to it... even as much as i ground off mine, i still don't think it was "weakened" enough to care about... also, won't matter what it looks like, because its entirely covered by the chin pad. if u need help, just PM me, and i can help u out. ur gonna def. wanna make sure it all bolts up and lines up before u paint the pole.

7134281369_c2dc4af3b4.jpg

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
figured out the pole spring "problem".... not really a problem, just cut off the top bend piece of the stock sxi spring, and install it... works PERFECT!! u can lift the pole to and position and it stays put!
7134477431_e502cbd533.jpg

6988387864_61ae320b3f.jpg

and one of the motor just for fun....
6988387436_c477ce44f8.jpg

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
You may have seen my install pics. On yours, what holds the cable housing from moving when turning? It looks like you cut out and left the section I modded to install and hold the cable properly.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Well I've since sold the ski, but after a year of surf & fw riding I liked it a lot. It was shorter than the stock kawi pole, which I needed, but I never shortened it. It was a pre-08 pole, so longer than the 08 & up ones. I wanted to be able to shorten it if needed, but ended up picking up a mint, low hr sxr and sold the 750 before I got that far. I saw that Blowsion part, but never really knew how it worked. It looks like it work sweet! Easier install than mine... Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
yea, it worked well, if u or anyone ever does it, just ignore the instructions... i measured out exactly as they said, drilled 2 holes.... it mounted perfectly, but the cable was being held at the wrong length. with the handle bars straight, the pump was turned a bit to one side... and there wasn't enough adjustment on my cable end. i had to drill 2 new holes to move it foreword and also chop 1" off the top end of my pole. but then again, mine might be a bit different because i have a X2 trim on mine, and i believe i had to make a small extension on the cable on the pump side...

Top Bottom