finally my first productive ride

dkrohn81

Wave Race 64...Oh Yeah!
I have had my kawi for about 3 weeks now and have had it on the water just 2 times before today. The first ride was just about learning how to ride the standup and the second I spent cruising down the river(which was tiring and boring lol). And finally today after at last getting a trailer I took it out on the water and put some real "seat" time in.

I am already doing some pretty decent nose stabs and monkey jumps. I had some painful attempts at some fountains (I probably need hand holds haha). Oh, and I also found out subs are really hard Just thought I'd share my first freestyle learning experience from today.

Jetaddict

9 years to retirement...
I am right there with ya, man. I took mine out for the third time yesterday. I have perfected the typical wave/wake jump and landing, and started on the nose stab. It's a little sloppy, and I can't get the rotation down enough to where I am nosing into the water real smooth. I think this is partly due to the lack of footwells and decent shoes! LOL. I ordered some wrestling shoes today, and I am going to order my Masher footwells next week.
I am not attempting the sub until I get a bilge and my blockoff plate (which is on the way), but I can see how that would be tough to do.
I guess the SXR's weight makes it harder to do some of these tricks, but I am determined to be doing some barrel rolls by next year!!

sweet im getting into it to and just learning this stuff and doin some subs, fountains, and turn spray things. i feel dump asking but how do you do a nose stab?

Jetaddict

9 years to retirement...
I do my stabs off of waves. I approach the wave at an angle and cut the bars at the crest of the wave- just as your nose clears the lip. I kick out in the tray (I don't have footwells yet) to the outside, bend slightly, look down where I want to land, and push the nose down straight. Just check the depth before you do it....lol

Jetaddict

9 years to retirement...
Since I am new and still learning, I can do this off boat wakes and small waves in the Gulf. I can somewhat do it on flat water, but usually end up on the side since I don't have enough bottom end or any footholds yet. Boat wakes are small and the Gulf waves are small-er. One footers at best to fart-ripples.

Top Bottom